Air Force Housing   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Home > Eielson > Unaccompanied
Welcome to Eielson AFB Housing

Eielson Family HousingThe Housing Management Office (HMO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you.

When you arrive at Eielson AFB, you must visit the HMO to receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing and to verify your eligibility for Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA).

tabContact Information 
Housing Management Office
Phone  COM 907-377-1840
 DSN 317-377-1840
Fax  COM 907-377-2151
 DSN 317-377-2151
Address  354 CES/CEIHH
 2310 Central Ave Ste 100
 Eielson AFB AK 99702  
Hours of Operation  Monday - Wednesday & 
 Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
 Thursday: 7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
 (Alaska Time)

Corvias Military Living
Phone  907-372-2300
Fax  907-372-2304
Address  354 Broadway St, Amber Hall 
 Suite 215
 Eielson AFB AK 99702
Hours of
 Monday - Friday:
 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. 
 (Alaska Time)

Unaccompanied Housing Management Office 
Phone  COM 907-377-2727 
 DSN 317-377-2727
Address  354 CES/CEIHD
 2334 Central Ave Ste 100
 Eielson AFB AK 99702  
Hours of Operation  Monday, Wednesday & 
 Friday: 830 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. 
 Tuesday & Thursday 
 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Current Local Time

tabDisclaimer for External Links 
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.
tabHousing Options at Eielson AFB 
Privatized Housing Unaccompanied Housing Housing in the Local Community
tabUnaccompanied Housing 
At Eielson AFB AK we strive to create an inclusive environment that cultivates the development and training of Airmen. The Air Force recognizes that the management of Unaccompanied Housing (UH) facilities is critical to an Airman's development process. UH is a personal residence and we strive to provide a modern, functional, well maintained and comfortable home, as well as promote pride, professionalism and personal dignity.

UH is provided for unaccompanied Airmen E-4 and below by order of the Commander 354 FW. Each Airman is provided a private sleeping room, furnishings, bed linens and supplies required for comfortable living for the duration of their tour. E-4 personnel authorized to reside off-base and receive single rate BAH at their departing base must make arrangements with TMO to place their furniture in storage for the duration of tour, or until he/she is promoted to E-5 or married and accompanied by dependent(s). Contact Eielson Dorm Management for further guidance.

Unaccompanied Airmen, E-5 and above must move directly into community housing. Refer to the Housing in the Local Community section for information and assistance on securing housing.

The permanent party UH campus at Eielson AFB consists of:
- One, Dorms-4-Airmen - include shared common areas and/or kitchen in the dorm rooms
- Two, 1+1 dorms - include shared common areas and/or kitchen in the dorm rooms
- Four, 2+2, pipeline-style dorms, renovated as of 2011 - shared dorm-wide common area kitchen

Amenities include:
- Private, sleeping quarters
- Bed, desk, dresser, entertainment center, nightstand and shelves
- Dayroom areas include:
- Cable television
- Wi-fi
- Pool tables
- Foosball, and various other games
- Sack and soda machines

Restrictions at Eielson AFB include:
- Furniture may not be moved from dorm room.
- Window usage is restricted from October to May due to extreme cold weather; and windows may not be opened when temperature is below 32 degrees. FYI, weather temperatures can range from 32 to -60 during winter months.
- Pets are limited to fish, hamsters, gerbils, lizards (under 12"), and birds (kept in cages)
- No dogs, cats, ferrets, chinchillas, guinea pigs, rabbits, exotic, or farm animals authorized

Base Specific Policy
During your orientation, the Airman Dormitory Leader (ADL) or UH Management Office representative will inform you of all Air Force and base-specific policies.

UH Management Office Staff
The UH Management Office is staffed with professionals to assist with all of your housing needs. Staffs vary but may be comprised of noncommissioned officers (NCO), Senior NCOs and some bases have civilian employees. Assigned military are ADLs, who are highly motivated personnel dedicated to ensuring that residents receive quality service. ADLs will provide you guidance and advice on UH life as well as mentor you on succeeding in the Air Force.

Assignment Procedures
As soon as you are notified of your assignment, contact your gaining unit and request to be assigned a sponsor. Your sponsor will be another military member assigned to your unit and will assist with your move. The sponsor or gaining unit then notifies the UH Management Office of your impending arrival date and will work to secure a dormitory room for you.

Unit Integrity
To promote camaraderie among squadron members, you will be assigned a room in a dormitory area set aside for personnel who work in your unit, in most cases. If a room is not available near your unit, you may be assigned a temporary room until one with your unit becomes available.

Planning Your Move
Prior to travel, arrange to meet your sponsor or someone from your unit upon arrival at Eielson.

If you arrive on a business day during normal duty hours, have your sponsor escort you to the UH Management Office. An ADL or a civilian Dorm Manager will check you into your room and perform a move-in inspection and inventory of the allotted furnishings and supplies.

If you arrive on a weekend or after normal duty hours, have your sponsor make arrangements to pick up your room key from the UH Management Office or to acquire a hospitality room for you until you can meet with an ADL or Dorm Manager.

If you obtain your room key outside of normal duty hours, it is still a mandatory requirement to report to the UH Management Office the next duty day for in-processing.

Please provide a copy of orders to your sponsor or to the UH Management Office prior to arrival. Sponsor must present orders to obtain a room key for incoming personnel.

Resident Responsibilities
You will be expected to keep your room and any shared living space clean and tidy. Cleaning supplies and equipment are provided free of charge. You will also be accountable for your room and the furnishings, and may be held liable for damages beyond normal fair wear and tear. See your ADL or UH Management Office representative if you have any questions about resident responsibilities.

Inspection Program
The Installation Commander establishes a base-wide UH inspection program focused on health and safety. Squadron Commanders and unit First Sergeants implement the inspection program and visit rooms to ensure that all residents from their squadron comply with installation standards.

Bay Orderly Program
UH residents are expected to assist in the cleaning and upkeep of common areas and shared facilities of their campus "home." Periodically, you will be detailed to perform essential cleaning and minor maintenance around the UH campus.

Dormitory Councils
The Airmen Dormitory Council is the forum by which residents of an individual dormitory or group of dormitories address concerns about their living environment with a panel of their peers. The purpose of the council is to establish standards for all residents, present solutions for problem areas, establish positive recreational activities and identify facility and furnishing improvements. Participation in the Council at your location is an opportunity to be involved in shaping your living environment and for personal growth and development in leadership and personal relationships. Ask your ADL or UH Management Office representative about how you can get involved.

It is mandatory for unaccompanied Airmen E-1 to E-4 to reside in UH at Eielson. E-4s residing in UH may be authorized to move out of UH and into local community housing if they have placed their name on the wait list and the occupancy rate is above 95%. The UH Management Office will advise you of the procedures to clear your room. In certain circumstances, such as to make space available for more junior Airmen, some personnel may be authorized to move out of UH during their tour at Eielson. The most senior Airmen are released first if they are not within 6 months of DEROS. Your ADL or UH Management Office representative will advise residents when early release is necessary.

Space Available Rooms
Because Eielson AFB is a constrained location, all Unaccompanied Airmen E-4 and below are required to reside in UH until they are within 30 days of pinning on SSgt, or getting married. E-4s are authorized to live off base on a case-by-case basis, if the overall occupancy rate is above 95 percent. For more information, contact the UH Management Office.

 Inside AF Housing

ima cornerSearch

tabEielson Resources
tabFrequently Asked Questions
Where can I find an application for housing?

What housing allowances am I eligible for?

Where will my children go to school at my new location?

How do I begin out-processing from housing?

What should I do to start planning my move to an overseas location?

Do I have to live in the dorms if I'm a permanent party unaccompanied Airman?

Will I get my own bedroom and bathroom if I live in Unaccompanied Housing?

I'm moving into Unaccompanied Housing and have a lot of household goods. What should I ship and what should I put into storage?

Can my significant other or guests stay with me in my dorm room?

What is housing privatization and how does it affect me?

How do I pay rent in privatized housing?

What happens when government housing becomes privatized while I am living there?

Does rent in privatized housing include utilities?

Who is eligible to live in privatized housing?

See All FAQs

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act