Air Force Housing   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Home > Goodfellow
Welcome to Goodfellow AFB Housing

Goodfellow Family HousingThe Housing Management Office (HMO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you.

When you arrive at Goodfellow AFB, you must visit the HMO to receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing.

tabContact Information 
Housing Management Office
Phone  (325) 654-3498 
 DSN 477-3498
Fax  (325) 654-5538 
 DSN 477-5538
Address  460 Kearney Blvd
 Goodfellow AFB, TX 76908
Hours of Operation  M-F - 10:00am - 4:00pm

Privatized Housing
 Hunt Companies
Phone  (325) 651-8369
Fax  (325) 651-2689
Address  2025 Longhorn Drive
 San Angelo, TX 76905 
Hours of
 M-F - 8:00am - 5:00pm

Unaccompanied Housing
Phone  (325) 654-3498
Fax  (325) 654-5538
Address  460 Kearney Blvd
 Goodfellow AFB, TX 76908
Hours of
 M-F - 10:00am - 4:00pm

Current Local Time

tabDisclaimer for External Links 
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.
tabHousing Options at Goodfellow AFB 
Privatized Housing Unaccompanied Housing Housing in the Local Community

Privatized Housing
At Goodfellow AFB, military family housing is privatized. Hunt Companies owns the family housing and is responsible for maintaining, repairing, constructing and managing the community. In addition to your option to purchase and rent housing in the local community, you now may choose to live in privatized housing by signing a tenant lease agreement with Hunt Military Communities.

Applying for Privatized Housing
Contact the HMO as soon as you know you are moving to Goodfellow AFB. The government housing team will provide you the latest information about privatized housing and details about the application process. The HMO will also update you on any base specific policies regarding residing in privatized housing.

Community Amenities
Privatized housing is comparable to housing in the local community and provides a wide variety of amenities and support services.

Community features such as community center, playgrounds, walking trails, tennis courts, basketball courts, volleyball court and a dog park are just some of the amenities you will find at Hunt Military Communities.

As a resident of privatized housing, contact the Property Management Office to obtain more specific information on the services available at your location.

Paying Rent for Privatized Housing
Similar to living in the local community, you will sign a tenant lease agreement, typically for a one-year term. Your lease includes a military clause and a lease termination clause. You pay your monthly rent by authorizing an allotment of your BAH that is paid directly to the Property Manager. If your move occurs prior to the allotment start date, then you will need to pay the pro-rated rent directly to the Property Manager. The Tenant Lease Agreement spells out all relevant rent payment terms and conditions.

Gas and Electric Utilities
A utility allowance is applied each month. If residents exceed the allowance a bill is applied/charged. If the resident is under the utility amount a refund check is applied.

Personal Property Insurance
You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

Before purchasing your insurance, please consult the Property Management Office for more information about coverage.

School Information
Information about the San Angelo Independent School District can be obtained by visiting their website.The School Liaison Officer can be contacted at 325-654-3893.

 Inside AF Housing

ima cornerSearch

tabGoodfellow Resources
tabFrequently Asked Questions
Where can I find an application for housing?

What housing allowances am I eligible for?

Where will my children go to school at my new location?

How do I begin out-processing from housing?

What should I do to start planning my move to an overseas location?

Do I have to live in the dorms if I'm a permanent party unaccompanied Airman?

Will I get my own bedroom and bathroom if I live in Unaccompanied Housing?

I'm moving into Unaccompanied Housing and have a lot of household goods. What should I ship and what should I put into storage?

Can my significant other or guests stay with me in my dorm room?

What is housing privatization and how does it affect me?

How do I pay rent in privatized housing?

What happens when government housing becomes privatized while I am living there?

Does rent in privatized housing include utilities?

Who is eligible to live in privatized housing?

See All FAQs

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act