Air Force Housing   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Home > JBSA-Randolph
Welcome to Joint Base San Antonio - Randolph Housing

Randolph Family HousingThe Housing Management Office (HMO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you.

When you arrive at Joint Base San Antonio - Randolph (JBSA-RND), you must visit the HMO to receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing.

Return to Joint Base San Antonio Housing

tabContact Information 
Housing Management Office
Phone  (210) 652-1840
Fax  (210) 652-6031
Address  610 Harmon Drive
 Randolph AFB, TX 78150 
Hours of Operation  M-F - 8:00am - 4:00pm 

Privatized Housing
 Hunt Companies
Phone  (210) 659-9061
Fax  (210) 659-9040
 Email the Privatized Housing Office
Address  205 New B Street
 East Universal City, TX 78148 
Hours of
 M-F - 8:00am - 5:00pm
Find us on Facebook facebook icon

Unaccompanied Housing
Phone  (210) 652-3600
 DSN 487-3600
Fax  (210) 652-1550 
 DSN 487-1550
Address  525 C Street East
 Randolph AFB, TX 78150
Hours of
 M-F - 7:30am - 4:30pm
Find us on Facebook

Current Local Time
tabDisclaimer for External Links 
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.
tabHousing Options at Joint Base San Antonio - Randolph 
Privatized Housing Unaccompanied Housing Housing in the Local Community

Privatized Housing
At Joint Base San Antonio - Randolph (JBSA-RND), military family housing is privatized. Hunt Military Communities owns and manages the family housing and is responsible for maintaining, repairing, constructing and managing the community. In addition to your option to purchase and rent housing in the local community, you may also choose to live in privatized housing by signing a tenant lease agreement with Hunt.

For comprehensive information about the privatized housing community at JBSA-RND, visit the Randolph Family Housing website. The website provides information you need to know about the homes and amenities available in the privatized housing community.

Applying for Privatized Housing
Contact the HMO as soon as you know you are moving to JBSA-RND. The government housing team will provide you with the latest information about privatized housing and details about the application process in a welcome package. You can request the application package via email at

The HMO will also update you on any base specific policies regarding residing in privatized housing. Waiting times fluctuate seasonally and vary depending on rank and bedroom entitlement. Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) status does not grant advanced placement. Requests for priority assignment will be reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis by the Installation Commander through Hunt and the HMO. Housing units consist of four-bedroom duplexes and 3-4 bedroom single-family homes with a maid's room. All units are equipped with stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, connections for electric washer/dryer and a storage area.

Active Duty military members assigned to JBSA-Randolph are considered target tenants. They are categorized as Priority 1 (K&E) and Priority 2 (all others including support agreements and independent duty personnel). Active duty military members assigned to JBSA-Ft. Sam, JBSA-Lackland, etc, are considered Priority 3. Priority 3 can only be housed if the target tenant list has been exhausted. Leases for Priority 3 members are for a one year period. If housing is then needed for a target tenant you would be required to move off base at your own expense. Please contact the Randolph Family Housing or the HMO office for details.

If you wish to apply for on base housing in advance, the HMO requires:
- A copy of your PCS Orders front and back (including any amendments).
- Documentation of dependants not listed on orders.
- The Asset Management Referral Checklist - complete and sign.
- Application for Assignment to Housing (DD Form 1746)
- Sex Offender Disclosure and Acknowledgement (AF Form 4422)
- The Randolph Family Housing (HUNT) Application

Once all items are received by the HMO, your application will be processed, sent to Hunt and you will be added to the waitlist. Application Eligibility Date is 60 days prior to your "Report No Later than Date" annotated on the orders unless that date is in the past. If it's a past date then the application defaults to the current date for eligibility.

If you currently reside off-base in the local area and choose to live on-base in privatized housing, you are authorized a one-time government paid move into privatized housing. When your residence has been designated please contact HMO for move orders and instructions. Should you have items you would like to place in Non-Temporary Storage, you have 30 days from move-in to submit your request to the HMO. These items will remain in storage until you PCS to another location or move off base.

Community Amenities
Privatized housing is comparable to housing in the local community and provides a wide variety of amenities and support services. Community features such as a community center, playgrounds, walking trails, and a fitness center are just some of the amenities you will find at Randolph Family Housing.

Current and potential residents can visit the Randolph Family Housing website or contact the Property Management Office to obtain specific information on the amenities and services available.

Paying Rent for Privatized Housing
Similar to living in the local community, you will sign a tenant lease agreement, typically for a one-year term. Your lease includes a military clause and a lease termination clause. The rental rate for privatized on-base housing is the amount of BAH at the "with dependent" rate for both accompanied and unaccompanied military members. Your rent will be paid by allotment in arrears. The Tenant Lease Agreement spells out all relevant rent payment terms and conditions.

Gas and Electric Utilities
A portion of the BAH is set aside as the Utility Allowance to cover the cost of utilities. The only out of pocket expense will be when the utility amount exceeds the Utility Allowance. If you have any questions concerning the billing process, please talk with one of our counselors at the HMO or Hunt. For advance BAH options, please contact the finance office at (210) 652-1851 or DSN 487-1851.

Personal Property Insurance
You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle. Please refer to your lease for specific information about the coverage provided by Hunt.

As a resident of privatized housing at Randolph Family Housing, each active duty service member is provided with renter's insurance of $20,000 per unit, per occurrence, as part of your rent (deductible may apply). This insurance provides a limited amount of coverage for personal property and may be extended to cover the personal property owned by family members and guests while it is on the resident's premises. The renter's insurance program also provides personal liability insurance (some restrictions may apply). Members are encouraged to supplement this basic renter's insurance based upon their own assessment of the amount of property or liability coverage needed to protect their own interest. Before purchasing your insurance, please consult the Property Management Office for more information about coverage.

School Information
Randolph Field Independent School District is a public school district based in Universal City, Texas. The district serves the children of JBSA-RND military personnel. For more information go to the Randolph Field ISD website or check out the area schools on the Great Schools website.

 Inside AF Housing

ima cornerSearch

tabJBSA-RND Resources
tabFrequently Asked Questions
Where can I find an application for housing?

What housing allowances am I eligible for?

Where will my children go to school at my new location?

How do I begin out-processing from housing?

What should I do to start planning my move to an overseas location?

Do I have to live in the dorms if I'm a permanent party unaccompanied Airman?

Will I get my own bedroom and bathroom if I live in Unaccompanied Housing?

I'm moving into Unaccompanied Housing and have a lot of household goods. What should I ship and what should I put into storage?

Can my significant other or guests stay with me in my dorm room?

What is housing privatization and how does it affect me?

How do I pay rent in privatized housing?

What happens when government housing becomes privatized while I am living there?

Does rent in privatized housing include utilities?

Who is eligible to live in privatized housing?

See All FAQs

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act