Air Force Housing   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Home > Little Rock
Welcome to Little Rock AFB Housing

Little Rock AFB Family HousingThe Little Rock AFB (LRAFB) Housing Management Office (HMO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you. When you arrive at LRAFB, visit the HMO to receive invaluable information, counseling and guidance prior to entering into a written lease or rental/sales contract for housing.

tabContact Information 
Housing Management Office
Phone  (501) 987-6429
 (501) 987-8227
Fax  (501) 987-6374
 Email the Housing Office
Address  101 Arkansas Boulevard
 Jacksonville, AR 72076 
Hours of Operation  M-F 7:00am - 4:30pm

Privatized Housing
 Hunt Military Communities
Phone  (888) 313-8269
Fax  (501) 983-9021
Address  101 Arkansas Boulevard
 Jacksonville, AR 72076
Hours of
 M-F 8am - 5pm; Sat 10am-5pm; Sun 1-5pm
Find us on Facebook facebook icon

Unaccompanied Housing
Phone  (501) 987-1011
Address  Bldg 723 Firelane Drive
 LRAFB, AR 72099 
Hours of
 M-F 7:30am - 4:30pm
Find us on Facebook facebook icon

Current Local Time

tabDisclaimer for External Links 
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.
tabHousing Options at Little Rock AFB 
Privatized Housing Unaccompanied Housing Housing in the Local Community

Privatized Housing
At Little Rock AFB, military family housing is privatized. HP Communities, LLC owns the family housing and is responsible for maintaining, repairing, constructing and managing the community. In addition to your option to purchase and rent housing in the local community, you now may choose to live in privatized housing by signing a tenant lease agreement with Little Rock Privatized Housing Project Management Office (PMO).

For comprehensive information about homes and amenities available in the Little Rock privatized housing community, visit the Little Rock Family Housing website.

Applying for Privatized Housing
Contact the HMO as soon as you know you are moving to Little Rock. The government housing team will provide you the latest information about privatized housing and details about the application process. The HMO will also update you on any base specific policies on residing in privatized housing.

You may submit an Application for Assignment to Housing (DD Form 1746) from your departing installation or go to Little Rock PMO to apply and view documents, floor plans, and amenities in privatized housing.

Community Amenities
Privatized housing is comparable to housing in the local community and provides a wide variety of amenities and support services, such as:

-­ Welcome Center with Fitness Room
­- Playgrounds, pool
­- Spray ground
­- Dog park

Paying Rent for Privatized Housing
Similar to living in the local community, you will sign a tenant lease agreement, typically for a 1-year term. Your lease includes a military clause and a lease termination clause. You pay your monthly rent by authorizing an allotment of your Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) directly to the PH PMO.  The Tenant Lease Agreement spells out relevant rent payment terms and conditions.  If you are active duty, military retiree, retired civil servant, DOD contractor, or general public and are renting a market rate home, your rent is a set amount as agreed to in your lease.  It is not based on your BAH.  

Electric Utilities
Although homes are metered at this location, residents are not being billed.  Until that time Little Rock Family Housing will bear the responsibility for payment of the electric bill.  

Personal Property Insurance
The Little Rock PH PMO will make personal property renters insurance coverage of $20,000 available to you, which insures against theft, fire, lightning, windstorm, hail, explosion, smoke damage, etc. The policy also provides $100,000 in liability coverage. You must apply for the coverage and pay the $250.00 deductible.

If you feel this coverage is inadequate to cover your personal property, you should obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle. Contact the HP PMO at (501) 983-9044 for more information.

School Information
For families, we understand that where your children attend school plays a large factor in the decision of where to live. Parents of school-age children are encouraged to research schools prior to signing a lease for housing.

Little Rock AFB Charter School is located on the base for grades 5-8. Contact the School Liaison Officer at 504-987-8941 or

School Districts (Transfers are available across district lines, but specific rules apply)

Pulaski County Special School District
(Little Rock AFB housing is in this district)
925 East Dixon Road
Little Rock, AR 72216
(501) 490-2000

Beebe Public Schools District
1201 W. Center
Beebe, AR 72012
(501) 882-5463

Cabot Public School District
602 N. Lincoln St.
Cabot, AR 72023
(501) 843-3363

North Little Rock School District
2700 Poplar Street
North Little Rock, AR 72114
(501) 771-8000 

Vilonia School District
1164 Main Street
Vilonia, Arkansas 72173
(501) 796-2111

Jacksonville North Pulaski School District (JNPSD)
602 West Main Street
Jacksonville, AR  72076
 (501) 241-1180

Also visit the Great Schools website for specialty magnet and charter schools (available at no cost) and private and parochial schools available in the local area. Insert the zip code for the community you are considering to review the performance of the school.

 Inside AF Housing

ima cornerSearch

tabLittle Rock Resources
tabFrequently Asked Questions
Where can I find an application for housing?

What housing allowances am I eligible for?

Where will my children go to school at my new location?

How do I begin out-processing from housing?

What should I do to start planning my move to an overseas location?

Do I have to live in the dorms if I'm a permanent party unaccompanied Airman?

Will I get my own bedroom and bathroom if I live in Unaccompanied Housing?

I'm moving into Unaccompanied Housing and have a lot of household goods. What should I ship and what should I put into storage?

Can my significant other or guests stay with me in my dorm room?

What is housing privatization and how does it affect me?

How do I pay rent in privatized housing?

What happens when government housing becomes privatized while I am living there?

Does rent in privatized housing include utilities?

Who is eligible to live in privatized housing?

See All FAQs

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act