Air Force Housing   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Home > Moody
Welcome to Moody AFB Housing

Moody Family HousingThe Housing Management Office (HMO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you.

When you arrive at Moody AFB, you must visit the HMO to receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing.

tabContact Information 
Housing Management Office
Phone  (229) 257-4417
 DSN 460-4417
 (229) 257-3426
 DSN 460-3426
Fax  (229) 257-4416
 DSN 460-4416
Address  Building 320
 3131 Coney Street
 Moody AFB, GA 31699-1599
Hours of Operation  M-F - 8:00am - 4:00pm

Privatized Housing
 Moody Family Housing
Phone  (888) 698-3020
Fax  (229) 333-0502
Address  Building 320
 3131 Coney Street
 Moody AFB, GA 31699-1599
Hours of
 M-F - 8:00am - 5:00pm

Unaccompanied Housing
Phone  (229) 257-2682
 DSN 460-2682
Fax  (229) 257-2686
 DSN 460-2686
Address  5350 Berger Street, Bldg 547
 Moody AFB, GA 31699
Hours of
 M-F - 7:30am - 4:00pm

Current Local Time

tabDisclaimer for External Links 
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.
tabHousing Options at Moody AFB 
Privatized Housing Unaccompanied Housing Housing in the Local Community

Privatized Housing
At Moody AFB, military family housing is privatized. Hunt Military Communities owns the family housing and is responsible for maintaining, repairing, constructing and managing the community. In addition to your option to purchase and rent housing in the local community, you now may choose to live in privatized housing by signing a tenant lease agreement with Hunt Military Communities.

For comprehensive information about the privatized housing community at Moody AFB, visit the Moody Family Housing website. The website provides information you need to know about the homes and amenities available in the privatized housing community.

Applying for Privatized Housing
Contact the HMO as soon as you know you are moving to Moody AFB. The government housing team will provide you the latest information about privatized housing and details about the application process. The required forms and application can be found on the right side of this page under "Featured Documents". The HMO will also update you on any base specific policies regarding residing in privatized housing.

Community Amenities
Privatized housing is comparable to housing in the local community and provides a wide variety of amenities and support services.

Community features such as playgrounds, walking trails, basketball courts, a dog park and a soccer field are just some of the amenities you will find at Moody Family Housing.

As a resident of privatized housing, contact the Property Management Office to obtain more specific information on the services available at your location.

Paying Rent for Privatized Housing
Similar to living in the local community, you will sign a tenant lease agreement, typically for a one-year term. Your lease includes a military clause and a lease termination clause. You pay your monthly rent by authorizing an allotment of your BAH that is paid directly to the Property Manager. Rent is paid in arrears. This eliminates having to pay advance rent. The Tenant Lease Agreement spells out all relevant rent payment terms and conditions.

Gas and Electric Utilities
At this location, homes in the community are metered and you will be billed directly for gas and electric. Minol and Colquitt Electric manage and collect your utility bill based on personal consumption. Since the homes are metered, you will retain a portion of the BAH to pay the utilities directly. The utility allowance is determined based on 110 percent of the estimated average utility cost (gas and electric) for each unit type. The more energy you conserve, the more money you keep in your pocket! Some units in the community are not metered and your rent will include these utility costs, up to your full BAH amount. For more information about your utilities, please contact the Property Management Office.

Personal Property Insurance
You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

As a resident of privatized housing at Moody Family Housing, each active duty Service Member is provided with renter's insurance of $20,000 per unit, per occurrence, as part of your rent (some deductions may apply). This insurance provides a limited amount of coverage for personal property and may be extended to cover the personal property owned by family members and guests while it is on the resident's premises. The renter's insurance program also provides personal liability insurance (some restrictions may apply). Each service member is encouraged to supplement this basic renter's insurance based upon their own assessment of the amount of property or liability coverage needed to protect their own interest. Before purchasing your insurance, please consult the Property Management Office for more information about coverage.

School Information
Schools servicing Moody Family Housing:
Public Schools in Lowndes County

Lowndes County Schools Board of Education
1592 Norman Drive
Valdosta, GA 31601
Phone: (229) 245-2250

Pine Grove Elementary School (K-5)
4175 River Road
Valdosta, GA 31605
Phone: (229) 245-2297

Pine Grove Middle School (6-8)
4159 River Road
Valdosta, GA 31605
Phone: (229) 219-3234

Lowndes High School (9-12)
1606 Norman Drive
Valdosta, GA 31601
Phone: (229) 245-2468

 Inside AF Housing

ima cornerSearch

tabMoody Resources
tabFrequently Asked Questions
Where can I find an application for housing?

What housing allowances am I eligible for?

Where will my children go to school at my new location?

How do I begin out-processing from housing?

What should I do to start planning my move to an overseas location?

Do I have to live in the dorms if I'm a permanent party unaccompanied Airman?

Will I get my own bedroom and bathroom if I live in Unaccompanied Housing?

I'm moving into Unaccompanied Housing and have a lot of household goods. What should I ship and what should I put into storage?

Can my significant other or guests stay with me in my dorm room?

What is housing privatization and how does it affect me?

How do I pay rent in privatized housing?

What happens when government housing becomes privatized while I am living there?

Does rent in privatized housing include utilities?

Who is eligible to live in privatized housing?

See All FAQs

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act