Air Force Housing   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Home > Ramstein

Ramstein Family HouseThe Housing Management Office (HMO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you.

When you arrive at the KMC, you must receive an initial briefing to obtain housing, verify your eligibility for Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), and receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing. All newly arriving Air Force active duty members will receive their initial housing briefing during the two day Ramstein-In-Processing evolution. All newly arriving Army members will receive their initial housing briefing during the Army In-Processing Training & German Head Start course. It is advised to wait until you arrive to secure housing in order to tour available units.

tabContact Information 
Housing Management Office
Phone  011-49-6315-36-6671
 DSN: 489-6671
Fax  011-49-6315-36-6868
Address 86 CES/CEH; Unit 3013; APO, AE 09021
Hours of Operation  M - Th - 8:00am-3:30pm
 Friday - 8:00am-2:30pm  
 Closed on all German    and American holidays

Air Force Unaccompanied Housing 
Phone  011-49-6371-47-3676   
 DSN: 480-3676
Address 86 CES/CEH; Unit 3013; APO, AE 09021
Hours of
 M - F - 7:00am-4:00pm

Army Unaccompanied Housing
(E-6 and Below)
Phone  011-49-6314-11-8363   
 DSN: 483-8363
Address  USAG Kaiserslautern
 Attn: DPW, Housing Office
 Unit 23152
 APO AE 09227-3152
Hours of
 M - F - 7:30am - 5:00pm
 Closed on all German and 
 American holidays

Furnishings Management Office
Phone          011-49-6315-36-6001   
 DSN: 489-6001
Address  86 CES/CEJ
 Unit 3180 Box 300
 APO AE 09094
Hours of
 M - F - 7:00am - 2:30pm
 (Walk in Service)
 M - Th - 3:00pm - 3:30pm
 (By Appoinment Only)
 Open during lunch hour
 Closed 7:00am-9:00am on
 the first Thursday of every 
 month and on German and 
 American Holidays.

Housing Maintenance 
Phone   06371-463-9510   

Current Local Time

tabDisclaimer for External Links 
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.
tabHousing Options at KMC 
Government Housing Unaccompanied Housing Housing in the Local Community

Click here to see a complete list of housing units, or select from the slideshow below.
tabGoverment Housing 
For many families, living in government housing provides easy access to a wealth of community services and amenities such as schools, youth programs, Commissary/Exchange, and food services. This is especially true in overseas locations where you will find yourself dependent on the support facilities and services on the installation much more than those in the U.S. Living within government housing provides a safe and secure place to reside and provides a mentoring and supportive environment for families.

Government housing is provided to military members who meet the appropriate criteria. This includes:

- Members with dependents authorized to reside with them
- Military-Married-to-Military couples assigned to same or adjacent base and reside jointly

Contact the Housing Management Office (HMO) if you have any questions about the housing eligibility criteria at this location.

KMC Housing
We offer government housing in 3 different locations:

- Ramstein
- Vogelweh
- Landstuhl

Our inventory consists of 3 and 4 story multi-unit stairwell buildings and townhouses. All units have 110 and 220 volt electrical outlets, built-in dishwasher, mini-blinds or rolladens and ceiling fans.

Townhouses have small private yards and an attached garage. You will be responsible for yard maintenance and snow removal whether you decide to live on or off base. Cable television is available at occupant expense (no satellite dishes or external antennas are authorized in base housing).

Waterbeds and outside storage sheds are not permitted. Privately owned outside recreation equipment may be installed inside the back yards of townhouses with prior approval of the Housing Office. Schools and playgrounds are located throughout the housing areas.

Applying for Government Housing
Applications can be submitted upon arrival during your first visit to the HMO. HMO staff will be able to assist in the completion of the application and will review PCS orders and housing options with you. As long as you apply for government housing within 30 days of arrival, you will be placed on the waiting list effective the date you departed from your previous installation. After 30 days, the application date will be the date of the walk-in.

Please be sure your application identifies and includes supporting documentation for an impending promotion or gain of dependents so that you can be placed on the appropriate waiting list.

Storage is not available at Ramstein AB, so members are encouraged to take advantage of the non-temporary storage option prior to pcsing, since government houses/apratement may be smaller than stateside homes. Excess property shipped that will not fit or is too large for your house at Ramstein will not be stored nor will be shipped at government expense.

Wait List for Housing
Average waiting times for government housing vary depending on your housing category, number of bedrooms authorized, and area preference limitations. If you limit your area preference(s) to where you want to reside, your wait times may be extended based on availability of housing in the area(s) of choice. You will be offered housing based on your area preference and
availability. The HMO will help you find a home in the local community and provide you with information on housing allowance authorizations until government housing becomes available. See Featured Documents to view wait times at KMC.

Community Amenities
- Lighted walking/jogging trails with exercise stations
- Dog Parks located at Ramstein and Vogelweh
- Basketball Courts
- Picnic/Barbeque Gazebos
- Playgrounds

2 pet policy. No waivers.
Residents of base housing may not own dogs of any breed (including a mixed breed) that are deemed "aggressive or potentially aggressive," unless the dog is a certified military working dog that is being boarded by its handler/trainer or approval is obtained by the Installation Commander in writing. For purposes of this policy, aggressive or potentially aggressive breeds of dogs are defined as a Pit Bull (American Staffordshire Bull Terrier or English Staffordshire Bull Terrier), Rottweiler, Doberman Pinscher, Chow and wolf hybrids. Prohibition also extends to other breeds of dogs or individual dogs that demonstrate or are known to demonstrate a propensity for dominant or aggressive behavior as indicated by any of the following type of behaviors:

- Unprovoked barking, growling or snarling at people approaching the animal
- Aggressively running along a fence line when people are present
- Biting or scratching people
- Escaping confinement or restriction to chase people

Additionally residents may not own exotic animals such as, but not limited to, reptiles, rodents (other than hamsters and guinea pigs), ferrets, hedgehogs, skunks, rats, raccoons, squirrels, pot bellied pigs, monkeys, arachnids, or any farm animal.

For a complete list of rules and restrictions please contact the housing office.

Personal Property Insurance
You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

There are several types of insurance (personal property, liability, pet insurance and legal representation) members may purchase to protect their property and tenant rights. We strongly recommend you consider buying commercial insurance to protect yourself in case of fire or a major loss. A common policy for this coverage would likely be a renter's liability insurance, which would cover your personal property and damages to your rental. "The Find-It Guide", under Featured Links, lists several companies you may want to contact. Be smart and plan ahead!

Before purchasing your insurance, please consult the HMO for more information about coverage.

School Information
For more information about schools, visit the Kaiserslautern District Superintendent's Office website.

 Inside AF Housing

ima cornerSearch

tabKMC Resources
tabFrequently Asked Questions
Where can I find an application for housing?

What housing allowances am I eligible for?

Where will my children go to school at my new location?

How do I begin out-processing from housing?

What should I do to start planning my move to an overseas location?

Do I have to live in the dorms if I'm a permanent party unaccompanied Airman?

Will I get my own bedroom and bathroom if I live in Unaccompanied Housing?

I'm moving into Unaccompanied Housing and have a lot of household goods. What should I ship and what should I put into storage?

Can my significant other or guests stay with me in my dorm room?

What is housing privatization and how does it affect me?

How do I pay rent in privatized housing?

What happens when government housing becomes privatized while I am living there?

Does rent in privatized housing include utilities?

Who is eligible to live in privatized housing?

See All FAQs

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act