Air Force Housing   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Home > Yokota
Welcome to Yokota AB Housing

Yokota Family HousingThe Housing Management Office (HMO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you.

When you arrive at Yokota AB, you must visit the HMO within 48 hours of arrival. This visit is necessary to obtain housing, verify your eligibility for Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), and receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing. It is advised to wait until you arrive to secure housing in order to tour available units.

tabContact Information 
Housing Management Office
Phone 81-425-52-2510; after the 2nd dial tone, enter 58636
DSN (315) 225-8636
Fax 81-425-52-2510; after the 2nd dial tone, enter 53496
DSN (315) 225-3496
Address  374 CES/CEIHH
 Unit 5104
 APO AP 96328-5104
Hours of Operation  M,T,W,F  - 7:30am - 4:00pm
 Th -  7:30am - 1:00pm  
 (Japanese Standard Time)

Unaccompanied Housing
Phone 81-425-52-2510; after the 2nd dial tone, enter 58045
DSN (315) 225-8045
Fax 81-425-52-2510; after the 2nd dial tone, enter 53496
DSN (315) 225-3496
Address  374 CES/CEIHD
 Unit 5104
 APO AP 96328-5104
Hours of
 M,T,W,F - 7:30am - 4:00pm
 Th - 7:30pm - 1:00pm
 (Japanese Standard Time)

Current Local Time

tabDisclaimer for External Links 
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.
tabHousing Options at Yokota AB 
Government Housing Unaccompanied Housing Housing in the Local Community

Click here to see a complete list of housing units, or select from the slideshow below. 
tabGovernment Housing 
For many families, living in government housing provides easy access to community services and amenities such as schools, youth programs, Commissary/Exchange, and food services. This is especially true in overseas locations where you will find yourself dependent on the support facilities and services on the installation much more than in the U.S. Living in government housing provides a safe and secure place to reside and provides a mentoring and supportive environment for families.

All accompanied members are required to report to the Housing Management Office NLT 48 hours after arrival.

Government housing is provided to military members who meet the following criteria:
- Military members accompanied by authorized dependents
- Military-Married-to-Military couples assigned to same or adjacent base and residing jointly
- Key and Essential Personnel
- Eligible Civilians (space available)

On 4 Oct 2012, 374 AW/CC rescinded YAB "On-Base First Policy" and superseded with "Housing Assignment Procedures". Compliance with these procedures is mandatory in order to maximize use of existing and available housing inventory while meeting specific AF goals and requirements. Military members assigned to Yokota are required to reside in base housing when adequate housing is available. For more details, please see the 'Housing Assignment Procedures" uploaded under Featured Documents.

Contact the Yokota Housing Management Office (HMO) if you have questions about the housing eligibility at Yokota at DSN (315) 225-8636 or commercial number 81-425-52-2510; after the 2nd dial tone, enter 58636 and/or send an e-mail to

Yokota AB Housing
Government housing consists of garden and tower units in four locations:
- East Area
- West Area
- North Area
- South Area

Accompanied personnel with a permanent change of station (PCS) to Yokota AB are authorized full JFTR weight allowance. Because government quarters are small, accompanied personnel are encouraged to NOT ship their full JFTR weight allowance; instead we recommend that you use your non-temporary storage (NTS) entitlement at the departing location. If you ship your full JFTR weight allowance, be aware that Yokota AB does not have storage facilities to accommodate excess household items, and local rental storage is very limited. Further, you are not entitled to ship items back to the continental U.S. (CONUS) for non-temporary storage (NTS). The furniture management office (FMO) will provide washer, dryer, stove, refrigerator on permanent base and offer loaner furniture kits for up to 90 days or until HHGs arrives.

Pet Policy in Government Family Housing
Aggressive or potentially aggressive dog breeds are not allowed on the installation. For complete information, see the Air Force Pet Policy.

Yokota Specific Pet Restriction
- Garden Units: Authorized up to two dogs and/or cats--no more than two, total
- Designated Towers, first two floors: Authorized up to two dogs and/or cats--no more than two, total

Contact an HMO counselor in advance to check the availability of a pet friendly tower unit before shipping dogs and/or cats. We cannot guarantee that a pet friendly unit will be available when you arrive. If you elect to bring your pet and wait for pet friendly unit, your TLA entitlement may be terminated.

Applying for Government Housing
Submit an advance application for assignment (DD Form 1746) through the HMO at your losing installation and include a complete copy of your PCS orders. The effective date of the application is the date you depart your prior installation (including members with TDY enroute) or the date ordered to active duty. Send your application and orders to

Applications may also be submitted upon arrival during your first visit to the HMO. The HMO staff will assist you in completing the application and will review PCS orders and housing options with you. For walk-in applications, as long as you apply for government housing within 30 days of arrival, you will be placed on the waiting list effective the date you departed your previous installation. If you process your application after 30 days, the application date will be the date of the walk-in. Make sure your application identifies and includes supporting documentation for an impending promotion or gain of dependents so we can place you on the appropriate waiting list.

Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA)
TLA will be paid in accordance with the Joint Federal Regulation (JFTR) and AFI 32-6001. Members receiving TLA are required to accept available adequate housing or forfeit their TLA.. Members receiving TLA may exercise housing unit and location preference, but TLA authorization will stop on the scheduled move-in date which adequate/available housing was offered, accepted or refused.

Personal Property Insurance
We highly encourage you to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

Community Amenities
- Airman & Family Readiness Center
- Arts & Crafts Center
- Auto Hobby Center
- Child Development Centers (Kibo CDC and Yume CDC)
- DECA Commissary
- Enlisted and Officers Club
- Samurai Fitness Center & Annex
- ITT Travel Agency
- Library
- Natatorium Indoor Pool and Sakana Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Recreation / Equipment Rental
- PAR 3 Golf Course
- Pet Care Center
- Professional Development Center
- School Age Program
- Taiyo Community Center
- Tama Hills Golf Course and Recreation Area
- Teen Center
- Thrift Shop
- Tomadachi Lanes Bowling Center
- Veterinary Clinic
- Youth Center
- Youth sports
- Yujo Community Center
Additional Questions
If you have any questions or require additional support or info, please contact the Housing Management Office at DSN (315) 225-8636 or commercial number 81-425-52-2510; after the 2nd dial tone, enter 58636 and/or send an e-mail to

School Information
Yokota West Elementary School
Joan K. Mendel Elementary School 
Yokota Middle School
Yokota High School

 Inside AF Housing

ima cornerSearch

tabYokota Resources
tabFrequently Asked Questions
Where can I find an application for housing?

What housing allowances am I eligible for?

Where will my children go to school at my new location?

How do I begin out-processing from housing?

What should I do to start planning my move to an overseas location?

Do I have to live in the dorms if I'm a permanent party unaccompanied Airman?

Will I get my own bedroom and bathroom if I live in Unaccompanied Housing?

I'm moving into Unaccompanied Housing and have a lot of household goods. What should I ship and what should I put into storage?

Can my significant other or guests stay with me in my dorm room?

What is housing privatization and how does it affect me?

How do I pay rent in privatized housing?

What happens when government housing becomes privatized while I am living there?

Does rent in privatized housing include utilities?

Who is eligible to live in privatized housing?

See All FAQs

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act