Air Force Housing   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Home > Nellis
Welcome to Nellis AFB Housing

Nellis Family HousingThe Housing Management Office (HMO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you.

When you arrive at Nellis Air Force Base, you must visit the HMO to receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing.

tabContact Information 
Housing Management Office
Phone  (702) 652-1840
Fax  (702) 652-2652
Address  4601 Richard Kisling Drive,
 Las Vegas, NV 89115 
Hours of Operation  M-F - 7:30am - 3:30pm (PST)

Privatized Housing
 Hunt Military Communities
Phone  (702) 677-3660
Fax  (702) 677-3659
Address  4601 Richard Kisling Drive
  Las Vegas, NV 89115 
Hours of
 M-F - 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Find us on Facebook facebook icon

Unaccompanied Housing
Phone  (702) 652-6769/2472/4979
Fax  (702) 652-2652
Address 4555 Carswell Ave Bldg. 704 Nellis AFB, NV 89191 
Hours of
 M-F - 6:00am - 5:30pm

Current Local Time

tabDisclaimer for External Links 
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.
tabHousing Options at Nellis AFB 
Privatized Housing Unaccompanied Housing Housing in the Local Community

Privatized Housing
At Nellis Air Force Base, military family housing is privatized. Hunt Military Communities - Nellis Family Housing owns the family housing and is responsible for maintaining, repairing, constructing and managing the community. In addition to your option to purchase and rent housing in the local community, you now may choose to live in privatized housing by signing a tenant lease agreement with Hunt Company.

For comprehensive information about the privatized housing community at Nellis Family Housing, visit the Hunt's website for Nellis Air Force Base. The website provides information you need to know about the homes and amenities available in the privatized housing community.

Applying for Privatized Housing
Contact the Housing Management Office (HMO) at (702) 652-1840 as soon as you know you are moving to Nellis Air Force Base. The government housing team will provide you the latest information about privatized housing and details about the application process. The HMO will also update you on any base specific policies regarding residing in privatized housing.

Community Amenities
Privatized housing is comparable to housing in the local community and provides a wide variety of amenities and support services.

Community features such as a world class community and business center, swimming pool, fitness center, playgrounds and tot lots, picnic pavilions and soccer fields are just some of the amenities you will find at Nellis Family Housing.

As a resident of privatized housing, contact the Property Management Office at (702) 677-3660 to obtain more specific information on the services available at your location.

Paying Rent for Privatized Housing
Similar to living in the local community, you will sign a tenant lease agreement, typically for a one-year term. Your lease includes a military clause and a lease termination clause. You pay your monthly rent by authorizing an allotment of your BAH that is paid directly to the Property Manager. If your move occurs prior to the allotment start date, then you will need to pay the pro-rated rent directly to the Property Manager. The Tenant Lease Agreement spells out all relevant rent payment terms and conditions.

Gas and Electric Utilities
The Nellis Family Housing has activated utility meters for gas and electric usage and began actual billing January 2012; residents are not responsible for water and sewer costs. An average Housing Utility Allowance with an additional 10% for seasonal changes has been calculated per each housing floor plan type using data collected for utility usage since 2007. Privatized housing residents now receive a monthly utility billing statement from Minol (a third party meter-reading company service) which reflects the utility allowance with credit or an additional charge incurred. The utility allowance is deducted from member's Base Housing Allowance (BAH) and is reflected on their monthly gas & electric billing statement. Depending on the resident's effort to conserve energy, their monthly billing may show a credit or an additional out-of-pocket expense. Resident may also elect to sign up for a credit rebate accrual option. For additional information regarding utilities, contact Hunt Nellis Family Housing at (702) 677-3660.

Personal Property Insurance
You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

Nellis Family Housing rent payments include a renter's insurance policy of $20,000 with a $250 deductible. Residents are advised to evaluate their personal property insurance needs in relation to the value of their belongings and obtain supplemental insurance as needed.

Before purchasing your insurance, please consult the Property Management Office for more information about coverage.

School Information
Coral Academy K-5 On base
(702) 701-2321

Mary and Zel Lowman Elementary School
(702) 799-4930L

omie Heard Elementary School
(702) 799-4920

Carroll Johnston Middle School
(702) 799-7001

Mojave High School
(702) 799-0432

To arrange bus transportation you must call the Clark County School District Transportation Office at (702) 799-8111.

 Inside AF Housing

ima cornerSearch

tabNellis Resources
tabFrequently Asked Questions
Where can I find an application for housing?

What housing allowances am I eligible for?

Where will my children go to school at my new location?

How do I begin out-processing from housing?

What should I do to start planning my move to an overseas location?

Do I have to live in the dorms if I'm a permanent party unaccompanied Airman?

Will I get my own bedroom and bathroom if I live in Unaccompanied Housing?

I'm moving into Unaccompanied Housing and have a lot of household goods. What should I ship and what should I put into storage?

Can my significant other or guests stay with me in my dorm room?

What is housing privatization and how does it affect me?

How do I pay rent in privatized housing?

What happens when government housing becomes privatized while I am living there?

Does rent in privatized housing include utilities?

Who is eligible to live in privatized housing?

See All FAQs

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act