Air Force Housing   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Home > Osan
Welcome to Osan AB Housing

Seorakasan Tower at Osan ABThe Housing Management Office (HMO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you.

When you arrive at Osan AB you must visit the HMO. This visit is necessary to obtain housing, verify your eligibility for Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), and receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing. It is advised to wait until you arrive to secure housing in order to tour available units.

***Attention*** Our unaccompanied housing process has changed.  Please have your sponsor contact your gaining First Sergeant to obtain a dorm room.  The 51st CES Housing email address is no longer taking request for unaccompanied housing.

tabContact Information 
Housing Management Office
Phone  0505-784-1840
 DSN 315-784-1840
Fax  DSN 315-784-2800
Address  51st CES/CEAC
 Bldg 600 Unit 2129
 APO AP 96278-2129
Hours of Operation M-F - 0800-1530
Closed 12:00pm-1530
on the third Thursday of each month and on U.S.
and Korean holidays

Unaccompanied Housing
Phone  011-8231-661-DORMS
Fax  DSN 784-2800
Address  Unit 2129
 APO AP 96278-2129
Hours of
 M-F - 0800-1530 Closed on the third Thursday of each month and on U.S. Holidays.

Current Local Time

tabDisclaimer for External Links 
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.
tabHousing Options at Osan AB 
Government Housing Unaccompanied Housing Housing in the Local Community

Click here to see a complete list of housing units, or select from the slideshow below. 
tabGovernment Housing Details 
For many families, living in government housing provides easy access to a wealth of community services and amenities such as schools, youth programs, Commissary/Exchange, and food services. This is especially true in overseas locations where you will find yourself dependent on the support facilities and services on the installation much more than those in the U.S. Living in government housing provides a safe and secure place to reside and provides a mentoring and supportive environment for families. Government housing is provided to military members who meet the appropriate criteria.

This includes:
- Members with dependents authorized to reside with them
- Military-Married-to-Military couples assigned to same or adjacent base and reside jointly
- Civilian employees designated by the installation commander as Key and Essential

Contact the Housing Management Office (HMO) if you have any questions about the housing eligibility criteria at this location.

Osan Housing Inventory
- Single homes (General Officer Housing)
- Townhouses (Senior Officer Housing)
- Apartment type high-rise tower units

Housing amenities
- Appliances
- Carpeting
- Parking garage
- Playground areas

Aggressive dogs are prohibited in government housing. Aggressive or potentially aggressive breeds of dogs are defined as a Pit Bull (American Staffordshire Bull Terrier or English Staffordshire Bull Terrier), Rottweiler, Doberman pinscher, Chow and wolf hybrids. Prohibition also extends to other breeds of dogs or individual dogs that demonstrate or are known to demonstrate a propensity for dominant or aggressive behavior.

Applying for Government Housing
If you desire to live in government housing, please submit an advance application for assignment (DD Form 1746) through the HMO at your losing installation with a complete copy of your PCS orders. The effective date of the application is the date you depart your prior installation (including members with TDY en route) or the date ordered to active duty.

Applications can also be submitted upon arrival during your first visit to the HMO. HMO staff will be able to assist in the completion of the application and will review PCS orders and housing options with you. For walk-in applications, as long as you apply for government housing within 30 days of arrival, you will be placed on the waiting list effective the date you departed from your previous installation. After 30 days, the application date will be the date of the walk-in.

Make sure your application identifies and includes supporting documentation for an impending promotion or gain of dependents so that you can be placed on the appropriate waiting list.

Personal Property Insurance
You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.  Before purchasing your insurance, please consult the HMO for more information about coverage.

School Information
Three (3) DOD schools are location on Osan AB:

Osan American Elementary School
Unit #2037
APO AP, 96278-2037
School Phone Numbers
DSN: 784-6912
Call from Korea: 031-661-6912
Call from USA: 011-82-31-661-6912

Osan American Middle School
Unit #2037
APO AP, 96278-0005
School Phone Numbers
DSN: 784-7256 or 7262
Call from Korea: 031-661-7256 or 7262
Call from USA: 011-82-31-661-7256 or 7262

Osan American High School
Unit #2037
APO AP, 96278-2037
School Phone Numbers
DSN: 784-9076 or 9096 or 9098
Call from Korea: 031-661-9076 or 9096 or 9098
Call from USA: 011-82-31-661-9076 or 9096 or 9098

 Inside AF Housing

ima cornerSearch

tabOsan Resources
tabFrequently Asked Questions
Where can I find an application for housing?

What housing allowances am I eligible for?

Where will my children go to school at my new location?

How do I begin out-processing from housing?

What should I do to start planning my move to an overseas location?

Do I have to live in the dorms if I'm a permanent party unaccompanied Airman?

Will I get my own bedroom and bathroom if I live in Unaccompanied Housing?

I'm moving into Unaccompanied Housing and have a lot of household goods. What should I ship and what should I put into storage?

Can my significant other or guests stay with me in my dorm room?

What is housing privatization and how does it affect me?

How do I pay rent in privatized housing?

What happens when government housing becomes privatized while I am living there?

Does rent in privatized housing include utilities?

Who is eligible to live in privatized housing?

See All FAQs

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act