Air Force Housing   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Home > RAF Croughton
Welcome to RAF Croughton Housing

RAF Croughton Family Housing UnitThe Housing Management Office (HMO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you.

When you arrive at RAF Croughton, you must visit the HMO within two workdays after arrival. This visit is necessary to obtain housing, verify your eligibility for Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) and receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing. You must wait until you arrive to secure housing in order to tour available units and be counseled on your specific housing entitlements.

tabContact Information 
Housing Management Office
Phone  (+44) 1280-708-951
 DSN 314-236-8951
Fax  (+44) 1280-708-246
Address 422CES/CEIHH Unit 4623 APO AE 09494-4623
Hours of Operation  M - F - 8:00am-3:00pm

Unaccompanied Housing 
Phone  (+44) 1280-708-038
 DSN 314-236-8038
Address 422CES/CEIHD Unit 4623 APO AE 09494-4623
Hours of
 M - F - 8:00am-4:30pm

Current Local Time
tabDisclaimer for External Links 
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.
tabHousing Options at RAF Croughton 
Government Housing Unaccompanied Housing Housing in the Local Community

Click here to see a complete list of housing units, or select from the slideshow below.
tabGovernment Housing 
For many families, living in government housing provides easy access to a wealth of community services and amenities such as schools, youth programs, Commissary/Exchange, and food services. This is especially true in overseas locations where you will find yourself dependent on the support facilities and services on the installation much more than those in the U.S. Living within government housing provides a safe and secure place to reside and provides a mentoring and supportive environment for families.

Government housing is provided to military members who meet the appropriate criteria.

This includes:
- Members with dependents authorized to reside with them
- Military-Married-to-Military couples assigned to same or adjacent base and reside jointly
- Eligible Department of the Air Force civilian employees are authorized to apply for and occupy government-controlled housing in all areas on a space-available basis, which will not normally exceed five years without prior approval of the installation commander.

Contact the Housing Management Office (HMO) if you have any questions about the housing eligibility criteria at this location.

RAF Croughton Housing
We offer government housing in three different locations:
- RAF Croughton (Junior and Senior Enlisted)
- RAF Bicester (Officers and Senior Enlisted)
- Caversfield (Some Junior Enlisted - SSgt and above)

Our inventory consists of two, three and four bedroom houses.

Housing amenities include en-suite bathroom; garages (officer housing only); fenced backyards; tile and carpet; dual voltage (220 and 110 outlets).

Restrictions at RAF Croughton include:
Do not bring American-spec appliances to include refrigerators, freezers, microwaves, and washers/dryers. These will be provided to you for the duration of your tour, whether you live in government housing or rented, community housing.

Any pet which causes annoyance, disturbance or offense to persons residing in Military Family Housing, or passing through the neighborhood is prohibited. Pets displaying any of the following behaviors will be classified as a nuisance and will be removed:
- Barking, howling, biting, threatening, chasing or molesting persons on sidewalks or streets.
- Any dog that demonstrates a propensity for dominant or aggressive behavior.
- Failure of the pet owner to maintain all structures, pens, or yards where pet is kept, in a clean and sanitary condition devoid of rodents and vermin, and free from all objectionable odors.

Applying for Government Housing
If you desire to live in government housing, please submit an advance application for assignment (DD Form 1746) through the HMO at your losing installation with a complete copy of your PCS orders. The effective date of the application is the date you depart your prior installation (including members with TDY enroute) or the date ordered to active duty.

Applications can also be submitted upon arrival during your first visit to the HMO. HMO staff will be able to assist in the completion of the application and will review PCS orders and housing options with you. For walk-in applications, as long as you apply for government housing within 30 days of arrival, you will be placed on the waiting list effective the date you departed from your previous installation. After 30 days, the application date will be the date of the walk-in.

Please be sure your application identifies and includes supporting documentation for an impending promotion or gain of dependents so that you can be placed on the appropriate waiting list.

Community Amenities
- Commissary
- DoDDS Croughton Elementary School (K-6)
- Child Development Center/School Age Program
- AAFES Shoppette
- Community Center
- Food Court
- Fitness Center
- Community Bank
- Auto Skills
- Officers/Enlisted Club
- Library
- Chapel
- Coffee Shop
- Playgrounds
- Basketball Courts
- Bowling Alley and Twelfth Frame Restaurant
- Alterations
- Arts & Crafts
- Barber Shop
- Beauty Salon
- Airman & Family Readiness Center
- Medical and Dental Clinics
- Education & Training Office
- Outdoor Recreation
- Post Office
- Information Ticket & Travel (ITT)

Personal Property Insurance
You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and you should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle. Before purchasing your insurance, please consult the HMO for more information about coverage.

School Information
RAF Croughton School Options:

Grades K-6: Students in Kindergarten through 6th grade are fortunate to have DoDDS Croughton Elementary School on the RAF Croughton base. Families may choose to enroll their primary school age children in local British schools, but will not be reimbursed for any expenses.

Grades 7-12: Students have three options: enroll in a local state school, be home-schooled or attend a British independent school where tuition may be funded with acceptance to Non-DoD School Program (NDSP).

Once accepted to NDSP, parents of secondary students attending British schools can be reimbursed for other expenses including registration fees, transportation, required examination fees and some one-time school fees. Expenses must stay under the cap allowed for the year. Other expenses such as uniforms, insurance and meals are not covered.

Public and private school resources:
Northamptonshire County Council  

Oxford County Council  

Office for Standards in (British) Education  

For more information about school options contact the RAF Croughton School Liaison Officer: (+44) 1280-708-578 (DSN 314-236-8578)

 Inside AF Housing

ima cornerSearch

tabRAF Croughton Resources
tabFrequently Asked Questions
Where can I find an application for housing?

What housing allowances am I eligible for?

Where will my children go to school at my new location?

How do I begin out-processing from housing?

What should I do to start planning my move to an overseas location?

Do I have to live in the dorms if I'm a permanent party unaccompanied Airman?

Will I get my own bedroom and bathroom if I live in Unaccompanied Housing?

I'm moving into Unaccompanied Housing and have a lot of household goods. What should I ship and what should I put into storage?

Can my significant other or guests stay with me in my dorm room?

What is housing privatization and how does it affect me?

How do I pay rent in privatized housing?

What happens when government housing becomes privatized while I am living there?

Does rent in privatized housing include utilities?

Who is eligible to live in privatized housing?

See All FAQs

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act