Developing a sense of community here starts before you arrive at Ankara Support Facility. We recognize the efforts behind this transition and want to make sure you are satisfied with the details of your move. To obtain Referral and Relocation Assistance, we encourage you to reach out for personalized services provided by the Military Housing Office (MHO) staff. 

All accompanied and unaccompanied personnel live in the local economy housing. The MHO Staff will tour you around to view local housing, negotiate contracts, and assist you in obtaining electricity, water, gas, and telephone service for the residence you choose. We also assist with language translations and problem solving with the property management staff.

Planning Your Move
Moving to an overseas location requires additional planning to make sure you and your family are prepared for the transition. There are many things you can do before you arrive to ensure the process settling in to your new home and community seamless.

Lodging (Local Hotel)
As security is an integral part of keeping members and their families safe, make reservations only via official sponsors who will coordinate dates and times of reservations with the Military Housing Office. Prior to your arrival, work with your sponsor to secure temporary accommodations. Your sponsor will assist you with reservations in a government approved hotel on the local economy.

Some hotel rooms (including double rooms) are very small, and may not accommodate a large family depending on sex and age of family members. Preapproval is required for the added cost of more than one room/double room. Members must notify their sponsor of their family size and composition as the extra expenses must be approved prior to family arrival.

Community Amenities available on Ankara Support Facility
- Commissary
- Gym
- Community Center
- Childrens Playground
- Picnic/Barbeque area

Drivers License
Military should apply at the Pass & ID Section at ODC building. Civilians must bring an international drivers license with them. Military personnel may have their driver's license translated into a Turkish license. Civilian and dependents must have an international driver's license. 

Power Requirements 
The electrical current in Ankara is 220 volts and 50 cycles, as opposed to 110 volts and 60 cycles in the United States. Transformers for small electrical appliances are available through FMO and [220] volt appliances may be purchased in the local Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) stores. Departing service members often sell their used 220 volt appliances for a reasonable price. For advertisements of products available, view the local US Embassy newsletter (Ankara Scene). More information on products available for use in foreign locations is on the AAFES website.

Ankara Support Facility School
George C. Marshall Elementary/High School
APO AE 09822-7010
DSN 314-672-8148
From USA - 011-90-312-287-2532
From Turkey - 90-312-287-2532
Fax -011-90-312-285-1791
For expanded information, see the Ankara E/H School website.

Airman and Family Readiness Center (AFRC)
The local AFRC (DSN 314-672-8122) is a great resource to obtain pertinent information about the area. 

Additional Information
If you have questions or require additional information and support, please contact the MHO for more information about preparing for your move to Ankara Support Facility.


Military members are entitled to various allowances to ensure the transition to a new location is as smooth and stress free as possible. If you have any questions about the allowances listed, please contact the MHO. 

Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA) and Move-In Housing Allowance (MIHA)
For overseas areas only, individuals moving into community housing may be eligible for OHA and MIHA. Specific circumstances, conditions and requirements of OHA or MIHA are identified in the Joint Federal Travel Regulations.

These extra allowances are in place to off-set the higher costs of living in overseas communities. OHA is a reimbursement and based on actual expenses for rental and utility/recurring maintenance allowances. It is adjusted every pay period for changes in exchange rates. 

Members are also authorized a one-time Move-In Housing Allowance (MIHA). This allowance is provided for the purchase of supplemental items not normally available in foreign housing, but considered standard when renting in the local community at foreign locations, such as window coverings, light fixtures, electricity connection, etc. 

-­ DD Form 2367, Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA) is prepared after member rents an apartment or house.
-­ DD Form 2556, Moving-in Housing Allowance (MIHA), processes as a miscellaneous, one-time lump sum payment to offset moving-in costs.

For more information about your OHA and MIHA, visit the Defense Travel Management Office website.

Ankara is a high threat area; consequently, the front door locks must be changed each time occupants change.

Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) 
When you arrive at Ankara Support Facility, you will be staying in temporary hotel accommodations until you move into permanent housing. TLA is an entitlement to partially offset the more-than-normal expenses incurred during occupancy of temporary accommodations. Prior to arrival, please work with your sponsor to secure temporary accommodations, which will be in a local hotel.

If permanent housing is not secured within 10 days, military members are required to report to the MHO every 10 days for a recertification of TLA. For TLA entitlements to be extended for the next 10-day period, you must be actively seeking adequate housing. The MHO requires a list of housing units visited and the reason why they were unacceptable. Pet restrictions and preferred school districts do not qualify as reasons for unacceptability of available housing. For more information about TLA at Ankara Support Facility, contact MHO at DSN 314-672-8145 or commercial from US: 011-90-322-316 6232.

Living Quarters Allowance (LQA)
Civilian employees recruited from the U.S. are required to live in the local community and may be entitled to receive an LQA. LQA is in addition to other allowances and, in most instances, covers most of the costs of housing, heat, electricity, trash, water, and sewer services. The maximum allowable rate depends on the location of the duty assignment, grade of the employee, and number of dependents living with the employee. 

LQA is a reimbursement based on actual expenses, and adjusted every pay period for changes in the foreign exchange rate. For more information on LQA, go to the State Department website

Financing Your Up-Front Move-In Cost 
All service military members are entitled to a 100 percent advance of required up-front rent payments and security deposits. Service members must repay the advanced rent in 12 monthly payments. You may request repayment of a security deposit over $500 suspended until termination of the rental contract. Upon termination of the contract you will be required to repay the full amount of the security advance. 

The MHO will assist you in completing the required paperwork to begin processing your rent advance. For specific questions about the program, please contact the base Financial Services Office, 39th Financial Services, Incirlik AB, DSN 314-676-8114.