Welcome to FE Warren AFB HousinG

FE Warren Family HousingThe Military Housing Office (MHO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you. When you arrive at F. E. Warren AFB, you must visit the MHO to receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing.


HEAT Logo Link




Housing Early Assistance Tool (HEAT) creates an easy on-line experience to connect you, the Service Member, with your future destination and offers an on-line venue to obtain housing assistance prior to a PCS transfer. HQ Air Force Housing has successfully implemented HEAT across the AF Enterprise so members can reach out to installations when preparing for transition. Installations are accessible through the HEAT tool across CONUS and most OCONUS installations. Members should use HEAT when preparing to transfer to their new assignment. Learn more at the HOMES.mil site.

Contact Information

   Military Housing Office

Phone (307) 773-1840
DSN 481-1840
Fax (307) 773-5824
DSN 481-5824
Address 281 Blue Spruce Drive
Bldg. 281
F.E. Warren AFB, WY 82005
Hours of Operation M-Th - 8:00am - 5:00pm
F- 8:00am - 4:00pm

   Privatized Housing

Balfour Beatty Communities
Phone (307) 432-0200
Fax (307) 432-0201
Email the Management Office
Address 281 Blue Spruce Drive
Bldg. 281
F.E. Warren AFB, WY 82005
Hours of Operation M-T,Th-F - 8:00am - 5:00pm
W - 8:00am - 7:00pm
Website FEWarrenFamilyHousing.com
Find us on Facebook

   Unaccompanied Housing

Phone (307)773-2642
DSN 481-2642
Fax (307) 773-2168
DSN 481-2168
Address 300 Vesle Drive
F.E. Warren AFB, WY 82005
Hours of
M-F- 6:00am - 4:30pm

external links Disclaimer

The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.

Housing options

  • Privatized Housing

    At F.E. Warren, military family housing is privatized. Balfour Beatty Communities owns the family housing and is responsible for maintaining, repairing, constructing and managing the community. In addition to your option to purchase and rent housing in the local community, you now may choose to live in privatized housing by signing a tenant lease agreement with Balfour Beatty Communities.

    For comprehensive information about the privatized housing community at F.E. Warren AFB, visit the Balfour Beatty Communities website. The website provides information you need to know about the homes and amenities available in the privatized housing community.

    Applying for Privatized Housing Contact the MHO as soon as you know you are moving to F. E. Warren AFB. The government housing team will provide you the latest information about privatized housing and details about the application process. The MHO will also update you on any base specific policies regarding residing in privatized housing.

    Community Amenities Privatized housing is comparable to housing in the local community and provides a wide variety of amenities and support services.

    Community features such as a dog park, a Community Center and playgrounds are just some of the amenities you will find at Balfour Beatty Communities in the near future.

    As a resident of privatized housing, contact the Military Housing Office to obtain more specific information on the services available at your location.

    Paying Rent for Privatized Housing Similar to living in the local community, you will sign a tenant lease agreement, typically for a one-year term. Your lease includes a military clause and a lease termination clause. You pay your monthly rent by authorizing an allotment of your BAH that is paid directly to the Property Manager. If your move occurs prior to the allotment start date, then you will need to pay the pro-rated rent directly to the Property Manager. The Tenant Lease Agreement spells out all relevant rent payment terms and conditions.

    Gas and Electric Utilities At this location, homes in the community are not metered and your rent will include these utility costs, up to your full BAH amount. For more information about your utilities, please contact the Property Management Office.

    Personal Property Insurance
    You may wish to obtain additional legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

    When you sign your lease with Balfour Beatty Communities, you will be automatically covered with Balfour Beatty Communities for $100,000 on legal liability and $20,000 on personal property. Before purchasing additional insurance, you can consult the Military Housing Office for more information about coverage.

    School Information
    We understand that when considering housing options, where your children attend school plays a large factor in that choice. This general information for military members with dependent children who will be attending Laramie County Schools is not intended to be an all-encompassing memo; we urge you to contact the appropriate numbers listed below for additional information.

    See Referral and Relocation Assistance for more information about schools at F.E. Warren.

  • Unaccompanied Housing

    At F. E. Warren AFB we strive to create an inclusive environment that cultivates the development and training of Airmen. We recognize that Air Force dormitories and how we manage them are critical to your development process. Unaccompanied Housing is an Airman's personal residence and we strive to provide a modern, functional, well maintained and comfortable home, as well as promote pride, professionalism and personal dignity.

    Dormitories are provided for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3 and E-4 with less than 3 years of service. Each Airman is provided a private sleeping room, furnishings, bed linens and supplies required for comfortable living. (Room arrangements may vary depending on location)

    Unaccompanied Airmen in the rank of E-4 with greater than 3 years of service and above will move into housing in the local community. Please refer to the Housing in the Local Community section for information and assistance on securing housing.

    The F. E. Warren AFB dormitory campus consist of10 dormitories with a total of 554 rooms. These dormitories are in the historical section of the base and were originally constructed between 1900 - 1910.

    We have four new renovated Dorm-4-Airmen style dorms. In these dorms the residents has their own bed and bathroom, but share a common area that consists of a washer and dryer, kitchen and a small living room equipped with a flat screen TV and provided cable TV with three other residents. The Dorm-4-Airmen dorms have theater and game rooms located in the basement. We have 6 dormitories in the 1+1 format where residents have their own bedroom but share a kitchen and bathroom with another resident.

    Restrictions at F. E. Warren AFB include the following items: the only pets that are allowed are fish, no smoking in the dorms, no overnight guests, knives over three inches are prohibited in the bedroom area, and all firearms (including archery equipment) must be stored at the Security Forces Armory or the archery range.

    Base Specific Policy
    During your dorm orientation, the Airmen Dorm Leader will inform you of other Air Force and base-specific policies.

    UH Management Office Staff
    The UH Management Office is staffed with professionals that can assist with all of your housing needs. Staffs vary but can be comprised of non-commissioned officers (NCO), Senior NCOs and some bases have civilian employees. The assigned military are Airman Dormitory Leaders (ADL). These members are highly motivated personnel dedicated to ensuring that residents receive quality service. ADLs will provide you guidance and advice on UH life as well as mentor you on succeeding in the Air Force.

    Assignment Procedures
    As soon as you are notified of your assignment contact your gaining unit and request to be assigned a sponsor. Your sponsor will be another military member assigned to your unit and will assist with your move. Your sponsor or gaining unit must then contact the UH Management Office to notify them of your impending arrival date and work to secure you a dormitory room.

    Unit Integrity
    In most cases, you will be assigned a room in an area of the dormitory set aside for the personnel who work in your unit. This is to promote camaraderie among squadron members. If a room is not available near other members of your unit, you may be assigned a temporary room until one with your unit becomes available.

    Planning Your Move
    Prior to travel, arrange to meet your sponsor or someone from your unit upon arrival. If you arrive on a business day during normal duty hours, have your sponsor escort you to the UH Management Office. An ADL or a civilian Dorm Manager will take you through the process of checking you into your room and performing a move-in inspection and inventory of the allotted furnishings and supplies. Dorm in-processing occurs on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1300 hrs MST.

    If you arrive on the weekend or after normal duty hours, have your sponsor make arrangements to pick up your room key from the UH Management Office or acquire a hospitality room for you until you can meet with an ADL or Dorm Manager.

    Resident Responsibilities
    Residents will be expected to keep your room and any shared living space clean and tidy. Cleaning supplies and equipment can be provided to you free of charge. You will also be accountable for your room and the furnishings provided. Residents may be held liable for any damages beyond normal fair wear and tear. See your ADL or UH Management Office representative if you have any questions about your resident responsibilities.

    Inspection Program
    The Installation Commander establishes a base-wide UH inspection program focused on health and safety. Squadron Commanders and First Sergeants implement the inspection program and visit rooms to ensure that all residents from their squadron comply with installation standards.

    Bay Orderly Program
    UH residents are expected to assist in the cleaning and upkeep of common areas and shared facilities of their "home." You will periodically be detailed to perform essential cleaning and minor maintenance around the UH campus.

    Dormitory Councils
    The Airmen Dormitory Council is the forum by which residents of an individual dormitory or group of dormitories address concerns about their living environment with a panel of their peers. The purpose of the council is to establish standards for all residents, present solutions for problem areas, establish positive recreational activities and identify facility and furnishing improvements. Participation at your location is a chance to be involved in shaping your living environment and provides an opportunity for personal growth and development in the areas of leadership and personal relationships. Ask your ADL or UH Management Office representative about how you can get involved.

    It is mandatory for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3 and E-4 with less than 3 years of service to reside in the dorms. An E-4 residing in the dorms reaching 3 years of service may be authorized to move out of the dorms and into local community housing. Contact the UH Management Office for procedures you must follow to clear your room. In certain circumstances, such as to make space available for more junior Airmen, you may be authorized to move out of UH before reaching E-4 with greater than 3 years of service. The most senior Airmen are released first. Your ADL or UH Management Office representative will advise residents when early release is necessary. You must give UH Management 30 days' notice prior to moving out of the dorms.

    Space Available Rooms
    When there is an excess of dormitory rooms, personnel in the ranks of E-4 with greater than 3 years of service and above may be eligible to reside in UH on a space available basis, contact the UH Management Office to inquire about availability.

  • Community Housing

    Housing in the Local Community The Military Housing Office (MHO) provides all DoD personnel with personalized services to assist in locating suitable housing in the local community. Although moving is sometimes stressful, it can also be an exciting opportunity to live off base and experience a new location. The MHO will assist you every step of the way to help you find your new home in the local community.

    Housing Services Contact the MHO as soon as you know you are moving. The government housing team will provide you the latest information on the local housing situation and offer complete referral services and relocation assistance to make sure you find a quality place to live.

    Support services range from helping members understand their lease agreements and the necessity for a military release clause to assisting in resident and landlord dispute resolution, among many others.

    The MHO partners with landlords, realtors and property managers to make sure you receive the most current information about the local housing market. The MHO also monitors housing units offered for rent to the military community.

    Community Housing Units Construction of additional apartment complexes and condominiums in recent years has increased availability and helped stabilize rents. One and two bedroom units are available, but large families may have difficulty finding bigger rentals. Limited numbers of homes with three, four or more bedrooms are available and tend to be pricey. Rental rates for single family homes vary greatly and are dependent upon the location within the city. Many landlords do not allow pets, so ask about their policy before making any commitments.

    For information about the housing allowances that financially support your move, see Referral and Relocation Assistance.

    Personal Property Insurance You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle. Before purchasing your insurance, please consult the MHO for more information about coverage.

    School Information For families, we understand that where your children attend school plays a large factor in the decision of where to live.

    See Referral and Relocation Assistance for more information about schools at F.E. Warren