Incirlik AB

A photo provided by Air Force Academy housing showing a sample offering
back to home

Government Housing

For many families, living in government housing provides easy access to a wealth of community services and amenities such as schools, youth programs, Commissary/Exchange, and food services. This is especially true in overseas locations where you will find yourself dependent on the support facilities and services on the installation much more than those in the U.S. Living in government housing provides a safe and secure place to reside and provides a mentoring and supportive environment for families.

Government housing is provided to military members who meet the following criteria:

  • Members with dependents authorized on orders to reside with them
  • Military-Married-to-Military couples assigned to same or adjacent base and reside jointly

All military and civilian personnel assigned to Incirlik AB, except teachers and contractors, are required to reside on base for reasons of Anti-Terrorist/ Force Protection. Contact the MHO if you have questions about the housing eligibility criteria at Incirlik.

Incirlik Housing

We offer government housing in three different locations:

  • Phantom (Enlisted)
  • Falcon (Officer)
  • Eagle (Enlisted/Officer)

Our inventory consists of 2, 3, and 4 bedrooms with varying floor plans. Housing communities may be intermixed due to ongoing renovations. Housing amenities:

  • Refrigerator
  • Range
  • Dishwasher
  • Washer and dryer

Applying for Government Housing

To apply for government housing, submit an advance application for assignment (DD Form 1746) through the MHO at your losing installation with a complete copy of your PCS orders. The effective date of application is the date you depart your prior installation (including members with TDY enroute) or the date ordered to active duty.

Applications may also be submitted upon arrival during your first visit to the MHO. MHO staff will assist in the completion of the application and will review PCS orders and housing options with you. For walk-in applications, if you apply for government housing within 30 days of arrival, you will be placed on the waiting list effective the date you departed from your previous installation. After 30 days, the application date will be the date of the walk-in.

Be sure your application identifies and includes supporting documentation for an impending promotion or gain of dependents so you can be placed on the appropriate waiting list.

Community Amenities

  • Health and Wellness Center (HAWC)
  • Outdoor Recreation
  • Fitness Center
  • Community Center
  • Child Development Center
  • Auto Hobby Shop
  • Bowling Center
  • Club Complex
  • Fabric Care Facility
  • Golf Course
  • Air Force Information, Tickets and Travel (ITT )Tours
  • Library
  • Vet Clinic

Paying Rent for Privatized Housing

You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

School Information

For families, we understand where your children attend school plays a large factor when considering your housing options.

Incirlik Unit School
Unit 7180 Box 270
APO AE 09824
DSN - 676-3109/6449/6330
From USA - 011-90-322-316-3109
From Turkey - 0322-332-6897
Fax - 011-90-322-332-7574

Unaccompanied Housing

At Incirlik AB we strive to create an inclusive environment that cultivates the development and training of Airmen. The Air Force recognizes that the management of Unaccompanied Housing (UH) facilities is critical to an Airman's development process. UH is a personal residence and we aspire to provide a modern, functional, well maintained and comfortable home, as well as promote pride, professionalism and personal dignity.

UH is provided for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to O-5. Each Airman is provided a private sleeping room, furnishings, bed linens and supplies required for comfortable living. Room arrangement may vary depending on location.

UH residences are fully furnished. Government provided furniture may not be removed from assigned quarters to accommodate privately owned furnishings. Residents should carefully consider this prior to shipment of personal property. Excessive furnishings in UH rooms can be a fire hazard and may subject the member to additional storage or shipping costs. Alteration or modification to government furniture is not authorized. Residents are subject to financial liability for any damages to furnishings for which they are determined responsible.

See Referral and Relocation Assistance for a list of restrictions at Incirlik AB.

Base Specific Policy

The 39th Civil Engineer Squadron replaces and services installed ranges, refrigerators and microwaves. Appliances are assigned by serial number and recorded on AF Form 228. Notify the UH Management Section when repairs are needed. Please do not attempt repairs or adjustments yourself.

Laundry Facility (Washer and Dryer)
All UH facilities have laundry facilities available for use by the residents. Appliances must be cleaned after each use, to include removing, cleaning and replacing the lint filters. Notify the UH Management Office if repairs to laundry equipment are required. During your orientation, the ADL or UH Management Office representative will inform you of all Air Force and base-specific policies.

UH Management Office Staff

The UH Management Office is staffed with professionals to assist with your housing needs. Staffs vary but are comprised of noncommissioned officers (NCO), Senior NCOs and some bases have civilian employees. The assigned military are Airman Dormitory Leaders (ADL). ADLs are highly motivated personnel dedicated to ensuring that residents receive quality service. ADLs will provide you guidance and advice on UH life as well as mentor you on succeeding in the Air Force.

Assignment Procedures

As soon as you are notified of your assignment, contact your gaining unit and request to be assigned a sponsor. Your sponsor will be another military member assigned to your unit and will assist with your move. The sponsor or gaining unit must then contact the UH Management Office to notify them of your arrival date and work to secure you a dormitory room.

Unit Integrity

In most cases, you will be assigned a room in an area of the dormitory set aside for the personnel who work in your unit. This is to promote camaraderie among squadron members. If a room is not available near other members of your unit, you may be assigned a temporary room until one with your unit becomes available.

Planning Your Move

Prior to travel, arrange to meet your sponsor or someone from your unit upon arrival at the gaining installation. If you arrive on a business day during normal duty hours, have your sponsor escort you to the UH Management Office. An ADL or a civilian Dorm Manager will take you through the process of checking you into your room and performing a move-in inspection and inventory of the allotted furnishings and supplies.

If you arrive on the weekend or after normal duty hours, have your sponsor make arrangements to pick up your room key from the UH Management Office or acquire a hospitality room for you until you can meet with an ADL or Dorm Manager. If you obtain your room key outside of normal duty hours, it is still a mandatory requirement to report to the UH Management Office the next duty day for in-processing.

Resident Responsibilities

You are expected to keep your room and any shared living space clean and tidy. Cleaning supplies and equipment are provided free of charge. You are also accountable for your room and the furnishings provided, and may be held liable for any damages beyond normal wear and tear. See your ADL or UH Management Office representative if you have any questions about your resident responsibilities.

Inspection Program

The Installation Commander establishes a base-wide UH inspection program focused on health and safety. Squadron Commanders and unit First Sergeants implement the inspection program and visit rooms to ensure that all residents from their squadron comply with installation standards.

Bay Orderly Program

UH residents are expected to assist in the cleaning and upkeep of common areas and shared facilities of their home. You will be detailed periodically to perform essential cleaning and minor maintenance around the UH campus.

Dormitory Council

The Airmen Dormitory Council is the forum by which residents of an individual dormitory or group of dormitories address concerns about their living environment with a panel of their peers. The purpose of the council is to establish standards for all residents, present solutions for problem areas, establish positive recreational activities and identify facility and furnishing improvements. Participation at your location is an opportunity to be involved in shaping your living environment and can promote personal growth and development in the areas of leadership and personal relationships. Ask your ADL or UH Management Office representative about how you can get involved.


It is mandatory for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to O-5 to properly out-process their assigned UH quarters. Contact the UH Management Office for procedures you must follow to clear your room.

Community Housing

Housing in the Local Community

The Military Housing Office (MHO) provides DODDS teachers with personalized service to assist in locating suitable housing in your new host country. Moving to a new country can be confusing and stressful, but it can also be exciting. Living off base provides members and families the chance to experience a new culture and make friends with their host country neighbors. The MHO will assist you at every step to find a new home in the local community.

Housing Services

The MHO provides up-to-date listings of available economy units, translation services, and landlord/tenant mediation. Contact the MHO as soon as you know you are moving. The government housing team will provide you the latest information on the local housing situation as well as local laws governing off-base housing. The MHO partners with landlords, realtors and property managers to make sure you receive the most current information about the local housing market.

The MHO monitors off-base rental listings to ensure they are safe and adequate.The MHO can assist you by:

  • Providing translation services to establish appointments to view available units
  • Negotiating lease contracts
  • Assisting in establishing utility services
  • Providing furnishings support. See Furnishings Management for a list of the Duration of Tour Items available
  • MHO can provide transportation to view properties when given a 2-duty day notice

After you move into your home, MHO is available for on-going assistance with translation services when you need to communicate with your landlord.

Power Requirements

The electrical current in the local area off base is 220 volts and 50 cycles as opposed to 110 volts and 60 cycles in the United States. All housing has 220 volts. Transformers for use with small electrical appliances are available through the government Furnishings Management Section (FMS).

Transformers and 220 volt appliances may also be purchased in the local Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) stores. NOTE: 110 volt table and floor lamps can be used with 220 volt bulbs.

Departing service members often sell their used 220 volt appliances for a reasonable price. For advertisements of products available, view the local base newspaper; ask the Family and Airmen Readiness Center (AFRC), check the Official Documents Center and the FSS local website. More information on products for each location can be found on the AAFES website.

School Information

For families, we understand where your children attend school plays a large factor when considering your housing options.

Incirlik Unit School
Unit 7180 Box 270
APO AE 09824
DSN - 676-3109/6449/6330
From USA - 011-90-322-316-3109
From Turkey - 0322-332-6897
Fax - 011-90-322-332-7574

Personal Property Insurance

You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

Housing Allowances

For information about housing allowances that financially support your move, see Referral and Relocation Assistance.

Realtor Services

The use of local realtor services is typically unnecessary and is not recommended unless a home for rent is only listed with a specific realtor. In OCONUS, if you choose to use realtor services, discuss fees up front, as some realtors charge a finder's fee and government reimbursement is rarely authorized. To request government reimbursement for realtor services in OCONUS, you must submit a request for authorization through the MHO before signing a lease or contract. In CONUS, fees for realtor services are not reimbursable.

Military Housing Office

Phone DSN(314) 676-6232
Fax DSN(314) 676-6486
Address Unit 7065 Box 750
APO AE 09824
Hours M-F - 7:30am - 4:30pm
(EasternEuropean Time)

Unaccompanied Housing

Phone 90-322-316-3080
DSN (314) 676-3080
Fax 90-322-316-6486
Address 39 CES/CEAC
Unit 7065Box 150
APO, AE 09824-5150
Hours M-Th - 7:30am - 3:30pm
F - 7:30am - 12:30pm
(Eastern European Time)