Patrick SFB

A photo provided by Air Force Academy housing showing a sample offering
back to home

Privatized Housing

At Patrick SFB, military family housing is privatized. Hunt Military Communities owns the family housing and is responsible for maintaining, repairing, constructing and managing the community. In addition to your option to purchase and rent housing in the local community, you now may choose to live in privatized housing by signing a tenant lease agreement with Patrick Family Housing, Hunt Military Community.

For comprehensive information about the privatized housing community at Patrick SFB, visit the Patrick Family Housing website. The website provides information you need to know about the homes and amenities available in the privatized housing community.

Applying for Privatized Housing

Contact the MHO as soon as you know you are moving to Patrick SFB. The government housing team will provide you the latest information about privatized housing and details about the application process. The MHO will also update you on any base specific policies regarding residing in privatized housing.

Community Amenities

Privatized housing is comparable to housing in the local community and provides a wide variety of amenities and support services.

Community features such as the Welcome Center, playgrounds, walking trails, golf course and fitness center are just some of the amenities you will find at Patrick Family Housing.

As a resident of privatized housing, contact the Property Management Office to obtain more specific information on the services available at your location.

Paying Rent for Privatized Housing

Similar to living in the local community, you will sign a tenant lease agreement, typically for a one-year term. Your lease includes a military clause and a lease termination clause. You pay your monthly rent by authorizing an allotment of your BAH that is paid directly to the Property Manager. If your move occurs prior to the allotment start date, then you will need to pay the pro-rated rent directly to the Property Manager. The Tenant Lease Agreement spells out all relevant rent payment terms and conditions.

Gas and Electric Utilities

At this location, homes in the privatized community are metered and you will be billed directly for gas and electric. Minol (third party utility management and billing company) manages and collects your utility bill based on personal consumption. Since the homes are metered, you will retain a portion of the BAH to pay the utilities directly. The utility allowance is determined based on 110 percent of the estimated average utility cost (gas and electric) for each unit type. The more energy you conserve, the more money you keep in your pocket! For more information about your utilities, please contact the Property Management Office.

Personal Property Insurance

You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

School Information

There are no schools located on base. Residents of Oceanside and River's Edge: students attend Theodore Roosevelt Elementary (K-6), DeLaura Middle School (7-8) and Satellite High School (9-12). Bus transportation is provided by the Brevard County School District.

Residents of Pelican Coast: students attend Holland Elementary (K-6), DeLaura Middle School (7-8) and Satellite High School (9-12). No bus transportation is provided by the Brevard County School District when the school(s) are within walking distance (within 2 miles).

For more information contact Brevard Public Schools at 321-633-1000 or visit their website

Unaccompanied Housing

At Patrick SFB we strive to create an inclusive environment that cultivates the development and training of Guardians. The Department of the Air Force (DAF) recognizes that the management of Unaccompanied Housing (UH) facilities is critical to an Guardian's development process. UH is a personal residence and we strive to provide a modern, functional, well maintained and comfortable home, as well as promote pride, professionalism and personal dignity.

UH is provided for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3 and E-4 with less than 3 years of service. Each Guardian is provided a private sleeping room with shared bathroom, furnishings, bed linens and supplies required for comfortable living.

Unaccompanied Guardians in the rank of E-4 with greater than 3 years of service and above will move into housing in the local community. Please refer to the Housing in the Local Community section for information and assistance on securing housing.

The permanent party UH campus at Patrick SFB consists of 2 dorms with private rooms, the majority of which are room-bathroom-room configuration.


Amenities include a full size bed, microwave, and refrigerator. Basic cable TV is provided free of charge; residents must sign up and pay for premium channels and internet connection. Common areas include day and games rooms, kitchen, laundry and storage facilities, as well as outdoor picnic area, motorcycle garage, and car wash.


Restrictions at Patrick SFB include no pets or overnight visitation and all government furnishings must remain fully assembled and in the room.

Base Specific Policy

During your orientation, the ADL will inform you of all DAF and base-specific policies and provide a copy of 45th Space Launch Delta's Instruction 32-6002, Unaccompanied Housing Management.

UH Management Office Staff

The UH Management Office is staffed with professionals that can assist with all of your housing needs. The staff is comprised of one non-commissioned officer and civilian employee. The assigned military member is an Airman Dormitory Leader (ADL) and both are highly motivated personnel dedicated to ensuring that residents receive quality service. ADL will provide you guidance and advice on UH life as well as mentor you on succeeding in the DAF.

Assignment Procedures

As soon as you are notified of your assignment, contact your gaining unit and request to be assigned a sponsor. Your sponsor will be another military member assigned to your unit and will assist with your move. The sponsor or gaining unit must then contact the UH Management Office to notify them of your impending arrival date and work to secure you a dormitory room.

Unit Integrity

In most cases, you will be assigned a room in an area of the dormitory set aside for the personnel who work in your unit. This is to promote camaraderie among squadron members. If a room is not available near other members of your unit, you may be assigned a temporary room until one with your unit becomes available.

Planning Your Move

Prior to travel, arrange to meet your sponsor or someone from your unit upon arrival at the gaining installation.

If you arrive on a business day during normal duty hours, have your sponsor escort you to the UH Management Office. The ADL or civilian Dorm Manager will take you through the process of checking you into your room and performing a move-in inspection and inventory of the allotted furnishings and supplies.

If you arrive on the weekend or after normal duty hours, have your sponsor make arrangements to pick up your room key from the UH Management Office or acquire a hospitality room for you until you can meet with the ADL or Dorm Manager.

If you obtain your room key outside of normal duty hours, it is still a mandatory requirement to report to the UH Management Office the next duty day for in-processing.

Resident Responsibilities

You will be expected to keep your room and any shared living space clean and tidy. Cleaning supplies and equipment can be provided to you free of charge. You will also be accountable for your room and the furnishings provided. Residents may be held liable for any damages beyond normal fair wear and tear. See your ADL or UH Management Office representative if you have any questions about your resident responsibilities.

Inspection Program

The Installation Commander establishes a base-wide UH inspection program focused on health and safety. Squadron Commanders and unit First Sergeants implement the inspection program and visit rooms to ensure that all residents from their squadron comply with installation standards.

Bay Orderly Program

UH residents are expected to assist in the cleaning and upkeep of common areas and shared facilities of their "home." You will periodically be detailed to perform essential cleaning and minor maintenance around the UH campus. Bay Orderly detail extends from Monday through Sunday.

Dormitory Councils

The Guardian Dormitory Council is the forum by which residents of an individual dormitory or group of dormitories address concerns about their living environment with a panel of their peers. The purpose of the council is to establish standards for all residents, present solutions for problem areas, establish positive recreational activities and identify facility and furnishing improvements. Participation at your location is a chance to be involved in shaping your living environment and provides an opportunity for personal growth and development in the areas of leadership and personal relationships. Ask your ADL or UH Management Office representative about how you can get involved.


It is mandatory for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3 and E-4 with less than 3 years of service to reside in UH. An E-4 residing in UH reaching 3 years of service may be authorized to move out of UH and into local community housing. Contact the UH Management Office for procedures you must follow to clear your room. In certain circumstances, such as to make space available for more junior Airmen, you may be authorized to move out of UH before reaching E-4 with greater than 3 years of service. The most senior Guardians are released first. Your ADL or UH Management Office representative will advise residents when early release is necessary.

Space Available Rooms

Space available rooms are limited. However, when excess rooms are available, married enlisted personnel and bachelors in the ranks of E-4 with greater than 3 years of service and above may be eligible to reside in UH. Contact UH Management Office to inquire about availability.

Community Housing

Housing in the Local Community

The Military Housing Office (MHO) provides all DoD personnel with personalized services to assist in locating suitable housing in the local community. Although moving is sometimes stressful, it can also be an exciting opportunity to live off base and experience a new location. The MHO will assist you every step of the way to help you find your new home in the local community.

Housing Services

Contact the MHO as soon as you know you are moving. The government housing team will provide you the latest information on the local housing situation and offer complete referral services and relocation assistance to make sure you find a quality place to live.

Support services range from helping members understand their lease agreements and the necessity for a military release clause to assisting in resident and landlord dispute resolution, among many others.

The MHO partners with landlords, realtors and property managers to make sure you receive the most current information about the local housing market. The MHO also monitors housing units offered for rent to the military community.

Community Housing Units

Patrick SFB is located in Brevard County between the cities of Cocoa Beach to the north and Satellite Beach to the south. There are 16 communities within 1 hour of Patrick SFB with a wide variety of houses, apartments, and condominiums available for rent. From waterfront properties and planned developments to golf course communities and horse farms, the area accommodates all lifestyles.

One and two bedroom apartments rent for $600-$900 (average). Three and four bedroom single homes, duplexes, and townhomes rent for $900-$2000 (average). Most of the rentals in the area require a 7 to 12 month rental agreement/lease.

It is common for landlords to restrict the number of pets, type, weight and breed. There is typically a pet deposit or a non-refundable pet fee.

For information about the housing allowances that financially support your move, see Referral and Relocation Assistance.

Personal Property Insurance

You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle. Before purchasing your insurance, please consult the MHO for more information about coverage.

School Information

For families, we understand that where your children attend school plays a large factor in the decision of where to live.

For more information contact Brevard Public Schools at (321) 633-1000 or visit their website at

Military Housing Office

Phone (321) 494-2594
DSN 854-2594
Fax (321) 494-4031
DSN 854-4031
Address 514 Falcon Avenue
Patrick SFB, FL 32925
Hours M-F - 8:00am - 4:00pm (EST)

Privatized Housing

Phone (321) 655-6321
Address 514 Falcon Avenue
Patrick SFB, FL 32925
Welcome Center 453 Shrike Drive
Satellite Beach, FL 32937
Hours Co-located Office:
M-F - 8:00am - 5:00pm (EST)
Welcome Center:
M-F - 8:00am - 5:00pm (EST)
Website Patrick Family Housing

Unaccompanied Housing

Phone (321) 494-3647
DSN: 854-3647
Fax (321) 494-9033
DSN: 854-9033
Address 668 Falcon Avenue
Patrick SFB, FL 32925
Hours M-F - 7:30am - 4:15pm (EST)