||REFERRAL AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
Developing a sense of community here starts before you arrive at Columbus AFB. We recognize the efforts behind this transition and want to make sure you are satisfied with the details of your move. To obtain referral and relocation assistance, we encourage you to reach out for personalized services provided by the Military Housing Office (MHO) staff.
The services and assistance offered by the local MHO often save time and money by making you aware of the regulations governing off-base housing. Feel free to contact the MHO with all your questions!
The following services are available to military members, Reservists, Guard Members, DOD Civilians, and DOD Contractors:
- Referral to privatized housing
- Referral to off -base housing
- Housing On-line Military Enterprise System (HOMES.mil) access and information
- Lease review (prior to signing)
- Mississippi Landlord Tenant Laws
- Reference materials (maps, utility information, local community guides, BAH rates and referral brochure)
- Landlord and tenant complaints, discrimination complaints
- Gov't Paid Local move / Storage Orders
Columbus Air Force Base is located in Columbus, also known as The Friendly City. You will find the weather to be pleasant and the hospitality to be the best.
There is great shopping and authentic cuisine from the local area. We are just a few hours' drive to the beaches or the mountains in AL, FL, GA, MS, and TN. Columbus is rich with history and you can experience our many historical sites. There are many lakes and rivers to go fishing, swimming, canoeing or kayaking, as well as camping.