Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Developing a sense of community here starts before you arrive at Joint Base Langley-Eustis. We recognize the efforts behind this transition and want to make sure you are satisfied with the details of your move. To obtain referral and relocation assistance, we encourage you to reach out for personalized services provided by the Military Housing Office (MHO) staff.
Two school systems serve Langley AFB.
- Hampton City Schools, with 36 schools and approximately 23,000 students serve main base housing residents; one elementary, one middle school, and one high school serve as primary feeder schools
- York County Schools, with 19 schools and approximately 13,000 students, serve Bethel Manor housing area residents. Two elementary, two middle and two high schools, serve Bethel Manor, depending on your location.There are many opportunities to expand educational opportunities by applying to a Magnet school to further challenge your children. There is also an extensive listing of private schools in the area for you to choose from. We encourage you to explore all of your options.
Web sites for local public school districts and private schools are listed below along with other useful education web pages.
Local Public School Districts and Private Schools
- York County Public Schools
- Hampton City Schools
- Department of Defense Education Activity
- National Association of Independent Schools
- Magnet Schools of America
Hampton Christian Schools - (757) 838-7538
- Calvary Christian Academy - (757) 825-1133
- St. Mary Star of the Sea School - (757) 723-6358
- Gloria Dei Lutheran School - (757) 851-6292
- Calvary Classical School - (757) 262-0062
- Fox Hill Private - (757) 851-0617
- Hampton Christian High School - ( 757) 838-7427
- Holloman Child Development Education Center - (757) 838-3188
- Faith Outreach Education Center - (757) 838-8949
Military members are entitled to various allowances to ensure the transition to a new location is as smooth and stress free as possible. If you have any questions about the allowance listed, please contact the MHO.
Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH)
Military members assigned to Joint Base Langley-Eustis VA receive Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH). The purpose of the BAH program is to provide housing allowances to service members based on median housing costs in local civilian markets. The DoD determines the correct housing allowance to enable members to afford suitable housing within a reasonable distance of their duty location. The allowance is set based on geographic duty location, pay grade, and dependent status and is adjusted each year.
For more information about your BAH, visit the Defense Travel Management Office website.