Welcome to Bellows AFS Housing

Kadena AB Family Housing

The Military Housing Office (MHO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you. When you arrive at Bellows Air Force Station, you must visit the MHO to receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing.




HEAT Logo Link




Housing Early Assistance Tool (HEAT) creates an easy on-line experience to connect you, the Service Member, with your future destination and offers an on-line venue to obtain housing assistance prior to a PCS transfer. HQ Air Force Housing has successfully implemented HEAT across the AF Enterprise so members can reach out to installations when preparing for transition. Installations are accessible through the HEAT tool across CONUS and most OCONUS installations. Members should use HEAT when preparing to transfer to their new assignment. Learn more at the HOMES.mil site.

Contact information

   Military Housing Office

Phone (808) 259-4220
DSN 448-4913
Fax (808) 259-4227
Email 18fssdet2.cc@us.af.mil
Address 515 Tinker Road
Waimanalo, HI 96795
Hours of Operation M-F - 8:00am - 4:00pm

   Privatized Housing 

Hickam Communities
Phone (808) 423-2300
Fax (808) 423-1645
Address 211 Mercury Street
Honolulu, HI 96818
Hours of Operation M-F - 8:00am- 5:00pm
Website www.hickamcommunities.com

   Unaccompanied Housing 

Phone (808) 259-4220
DSN 448-4913
Fax (808) 259-4227
Email 18fssdet2.cc@us.af.mil
Address 515 Tinker Road
Waimanalo, HI 96795
Hours of Operation M-F - 8:00am - 4:00pm

external links Disclaimer

The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.

Housing Options

  • Privatized Housing

    Privatized Housing
    The Navy is the lead service for all of your housing needs and provides support for Bellows AFS, Pearl Harbor and Hickam AFB residents.

    At this location, military family housing is privatized. For comprehensive information about the privatized housing community at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, visit the Hickam Communities website.

    Contact the Property Management Office for information about the housing options and application process at this location.

    School Information
    Bellows Air Force Stations does not have schools located on base. There are elementary, intermediate and high schools located in the surrounding communities. Please contact the Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam Family Support Center for more information.

  • Unaccompanied Housing

    At Bellows AFS, Unaccompanied Housing (UH) is a personal residence and we strive to provide a modern, functional, well maintained and comfortable home, as well as promote pride, professionalism and personal dignity. We strive to create an inclusive environment that cultivates the development and training of Airmen. The Air Force recognizes that the management of Unaccompanied Housing (UH) facilities is critical to an Airman's development process.

    UH is provided for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3 and E-4 with less than 3 years of service. Each Airman is provided a private sleeping room, furnishings, bed linens and supplies required for comfortable living. Room arrangements may vary depending on location.

    Unaccompanied Airmen in the rank of E-4 with greater than 3 years of service and above will move into housing in the local community. Please refer to the Housing in the Local Community section for information and assistance on securing housing.

    The permanent party UH campus at Bellows Air Force Station consists of one building that has a total of eight dormitory rooms. The building is divided in half with four dormitory rooms on each side. Each side shares a common kitchen and living room and each dormitory room has a private bathroom and closet. Amenities include a laundry room that has two washers and two dryers. All dormitory rooms to include kitchen and living rooms are completely furnished with window air conditioning units.

    Community Amenities
    - Unit Physical Fitness Facility
    - AAFES Shoppette and Gas Station
    - Miniature Golf
    - Nature Trail
    - Various Water Activities (surfing, paddle boarding, kayaking, etc.)
    - Golf Driving Range
    *There are NO commissary and BX facilities located at Bellows AFS.

    Base Specific Policy
    During your orientation, the ADL or UH Management Office representative will inform you of all Air Force and base-specific policies. Restrictions at Bellows AFS include a no pet policy and all dormitory residents must adhere to the visitation policy specified by the Bellows Air Force Station Commander.

    UH Management Office Staff
    The UH Management Office is staffed with professionals that can assist with all of your housing needs. Staffs vary but can be comprised of non-commissioned officers (NCO), Senior NCOs and some bases have civilian employees. The assigned military are Airman Dormitory Leaders (ADL). These members are highly motivated personnel dedicated to ensuring that residents receive quality service. ADLs will provide you guidance and advice on UH life as well as mentor you on succeeding in the Air Force.

    Assignment Procedures
    As soon as you are notified of your assignment, contact your gaining unit and request to be assigned a sponsor. Your sponsor will be another military member assigned to your unit and will assist with your move. The sponsor or gaining unit must contact the UH Management Office to notify them of your impending arrival date and work to secure you a dormitory room.

    Unit Integrity
    In most cases, you will be assigned a room in an area of the dormitory set aside for the personnel who work in your unit. This is to promote camaraderie among squadron members. If a room is not available near other members of your unit, you may be assigned a temporary room until one with your unit becomes available.

    Planning Your Move
    Prior to travel, arrange to meet your sponsor or someone from your unit upon arrival at the gaining installation. If you arrive on a business day during normal duty hours, have your sponsor escort you to the UH Management Office. An ADL or a civilian Dorm Manager will take you through the process of checking you into your room and performing a move-in inspection and inventory of the allotted furnishings and supplies.

    If you arrive on the weekend or after normal duty hours, have your sponsor make arrangements to pick up your room key from the UH Management Office or acquire a hospitality room for you until you can meet with an ADL or Dorm Manager. If you obtain your room key outside of normal duty hours, it is still a mandatory requirement to report to the UH Management Office the next duty day for in-processing.

    Resident Responsibilities
    You will be expected to keep your room and any shared living space clean and tidy. Cleaning supplies and equipment can be provided to you free of charge. You will also be accountable for your room and the furnishings provided. Residents may be held liable for any damages beyond normal fair wear and tear. See your ADL or UH Management Office representative if you have any questions about your resident responsibilities.

    Inspection Program
    The Installation Commander establishes a base-wide UH inspection program focused on health and safety. Squadron Commanders and unit First Sergeants implement the inspection program and visit rooms to ensure that all residents from their squadron comply with installation standards.

    Bay Orderly Program
    UH residents are expected to assist in the cleaning and upkeep of common areas and shared facilities of their "home." You will periodically be detailed to perform essential cleaning and minor maintenance around the UH campus.

    Dormitory Councils
    The Airmen Dormitory Council is the forum by which residents of an individual dormitory or group of dormitories address concerns about their living environment with a panel of their peers. The purpose of the council is to establish standards for all residents, present solutions for problem areas, establish positive recreational activities and identify facility and furnishing improvements. Participation at your location is a chance to be involved in shaping your living environment and provides an opportunity for personal growth and development in the areas of leadership and personal relationships. Ask your ADL or UH Management Office representative about how you can get involved.

    It is mandatory for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3 and E-4 with less than 3 years of service to reside in UH. An E-4 residing in UH reaching 3 years of service may be authorized to move out of UH and into local community housing. Contact the UH Management Office for procedures you must follow to clear your room. In certain circumstances, such as to make space available for more junior Airmen, you may be authorized to move out of UH before reaching E-4 with greater than 3 years of service. The most senior Airmen are released first. Your ADL or UH Management Office representative will advise residents when early release is necessary.

    Space Available Rooms
    When there is an excess of dormitory rooms, personnel in the ranks of E-4 with greater than 3 years of service and above may be eligible to reside in UH on a space available basis. Contact the Bellows Air Force Station First Sergeant to inquire about availability.

  • Community Housing

    Housing in the Local Community
    The Military Housing Office (MHO) will refer all incoming personnel who want to live in the local community to the Housing Services Office (HSO) on Fort Shafter. Contact the HSO at (808) 438-3820 / 0149 / 6198.

    Housing Services
    Contact the MHO as soon as you know you are moving. The government housing team will provide you with information about Privatized Housing and Housing Services Office. Upon arrival, they will also provide you with Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) and in-processing Information.

    The MHO can assist by directing you to Furnishings Management Office (Building 1722) for loaner furnishing support. Contact the office at (808) 448-0300. For transportation support, reach out to your sponsor and they will help coordinate any travel requirements.

    Personal Property Insurance
    You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

    School Information
    For more information about schools, visit the websites for the Hawaii State Department of Education and the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools. Please also contact the Hickam School Liaison Office at (808) 449-1577 (DSN 315-449-1577)