Welcome to Nellis AFB Housing

NellisThe Military Housing Office (MHO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you. When you arrive at Nellis Air Force Base, you must visit the MHO to receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing.

heat tool

HEAT Logo Link




Housing Early Assistance Tool (HEAT) creates an easy on-line experience to connect you, the Service Member, with your future destination and offers an on-line venue to obtain housing assistance prior to a PCS transfer. HQ Air Force Housing has successfully implemented HEAT across the AF Enterprise so members can reach out to installations when preparing for transition. Installations are accessible through the HEAT tool across CONUS and most OCONUS installations. Members should use HEAT when preparing to transfer to their new assignment. Learn more at the HOMES.mil site.

Contact Information

Military Housing Office

Phone  (702) 652-1840
Fax  (702) 652-2652
Email: 99CES.CEIH.HousingManagement@us.af.mil
Address  4601 Richard Kisling Drive,
 Las Vegas, NV 89115 
Hours of Operation  M,T,TH,F - 7:30am - 3:30pm, W - 7:30am - 1:00pm (PST)

Privatized Housing

 Hunt Military Communities
Phone  (702) 677-3660
Fax  (702) 677-3659
Email: nellisleasing@huntcompanies.com
Address  4601 Richard Kisling Drive
  Las Vegas, NV 89115 
Hours of
 M-F - 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Website:  nellisfamilyhousing.com
Find us on Facebook facebook icon

Unaccompanied Housing

Phone  (702) 652-6769 /2472/4974/3162
Email: 99.CES.Dorm.Managers@us.af.mil
Address 4555 Carswell Ave Bldg. 704 Nellis AFB, NV 89191 
Hours of
 M-F - 7:00am - 4:00pm


External Links Disclaimer

The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.

Housing Options

  • Privatized Housing

    Application Packet quick accessNellis Housing Application Packet

    The Military Housing Office (MHO) is the first stop for your housing needs. Our goal is to provide housing options that are safe and affordable. In addition to your option to purchase and rent housing in the local community, you may also choose to live in privatized housing. At Nellis AFB, military family housing is privatized. Nellis Family Housing is owned and managed by Hunt Companies and is responsible for maintaining, repairing, constructing and managing the community. The MHO establishes eligibility and referral for privatized housing. Please contact the MHO as soon as you know you are moving to Nellis AFB. The housing team will provide you the latest information about privatized housing and details about the application process. If you are interested in privatized housing, the MHO will need the following document package to process the application:

    1.   Nellis Housing Application Packet

    You also may find the following information helpful:

    1.  1.) EPA Guide on Mold
    2.  2.) Mold Frequently Asked Questions
    3.  3.) Dispute Resolution Resources Brochure
    4.  4.) MHPI Tenant Bill of Rights
    5.  5.) Lead in your Home Brochure

    Please send the completed housing application package, along with a copy of your PCS orders to the MHO office at 99CES.CEIH.HousingManagement@us.af.mil. For additional information about the application process, please contact the MHO at COMM: 702-652-1840 / DSN: 682-1840. For comprehensive information about the privatized housing community at Nellis Family Housing, visit Hunt's website. The website provides information you need to know about the homes and amenities available in the privatized housing community.


    Community Amenities

    Privatized housing is comparable to housing in the local community and provides a wide variety of amenities and support services. Features such as a world class community center, swimming pool, fitness center, playgrounds, tot lots, picnic pavilions and soccer fields are just some of the amenities you will find at Nellis Family Housing. Please contact the Hunt Property Management Office at (702) 677-3660 to obtain more specific information on the services available.

    Paying Rent for Privatized Housing

    Similar to living in the local community, you will sign a tenant lease agreement, typically for a one-year term. Your lease includes a military clause and a lease termination clause. You pay your monthly rent by authorizing an allotment of your BAH that is paid directly to the Property Manager. If your move occurs prior to the allotment start date, then you will need to pay the prorated rent directly to the Property Manager. The Tenant Lease Agreement spells out all relevant rent payment terms and conditions.

    Gas and Electric Utilities

    The Nellis Family Housing has activated utility meters for gas and electric usage and began actual billing January 2012; residents are not responsible for water and sewer costs. Privatized housing residents now receive a monthly utility billing statement from Minol (a third party meter-reading company service) which reflects the utility allowance with credit or an additional charge incurred. The utility allowance is deducted from your Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) and is reflected on your monthly gas & electric billing statement. Depending on your effort to conserve energy, your monthly billing may show a credit or an additional out-of-pocket expense. You may also elect to sign up for a credit rebate accrual option. For additional information regarding utilities, contact Hunt Nellis Family Housing at (702) 677-3660.

    Personal Property Insurance

    You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle. Residents are advised to evaluate their personal property insurance needs in relation to the value of their belongings and obtain insurance as needed. Before purchasing your insurance, please consult the Property Management Office for more information about coverage.

    School Information

    Coral Academy K-5 On base (702) 701-2321; Zel & Mary Lowman Elementary School, (702) 799-4930, Mary and Carroll Johnston Middle School (702) 799-7001; Mojave High School (702) 799-0432. To arrange bus transportation, you must call the Clark County School District Transportation Office at (702) 799-8111


  • Unaccompanied Housing

    At Nellis Air Force Base, we strive to create an inclusive environment that cultivates the development and training of Airmen. The Air Force recognizes that the management of Unaccompanied Housing (UH) facilities is critical to an Airman's development process. UH is a personal residence and we strive to provide a modern, functional, well maintained and comfortable home, as well as promote pride, professionalism and personal dignity.

    UH is provided for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3 and E-4 with less than 3 years of service. Each Airman is provided a private sleeping room, furnishings, bed linens and supplies required for comfortable living. (Room arrangements may vary depending on location)

    Unaccompanied Airmen in the rank of E-4 with greater than 3 years of service and above will move into housing in the local community. Please refer to the Housing in the Local Community section for information and assistance on securing housing.

    The permanent party UH campus at Nellis Air Force Base consists of 12 dormitory buildings that are configured one of four ways. One of the existing dormitories is configured with the new AF standard; the "Dorms-4-Airmen" configuration, which consist of a private bath and a shared living/kitchen area. Eight of the dormitories are designed as the AF 1+1 configuration (two of these dormitories follow a 1+1 with kitchenette format and the other six follow a 1+1 format with a shared bathroom). The last three dormitories are designed with a private bath configuration. These dormitories are capable of supporting a total of 1,002 unaccompanied residents.

    Amenities include picnic pavilions with BBQ grills around the dormitory areas and volleyball courts. The dormitory day rooms have big screen TVs with surround sound and indoor games such as dart boards, shuffleboard and billiard tables

    Specific dormitory restrictions at Nellis Air Force Base are identified under the Basic Dormitory Guidelines memorandum provided upon UH resident's arrival.

    Base Specific Policy
    During your orientation, the Airman Dorm Leader (ADL) or UH Management Office representative will inform you of all Air Force and base-specific policies. Smoking and Alcohol/Drugs policies, pet restriction, etc. are specified in the UH Dormitory Guidelines that will be provided to you upon arrival to Nellis Air Force Base.

    UH Management Office Staff
    The UH Management Office is staffed with professionals that can assist with all of your housing needs. Staffs vary but can be comprised of non-commissioned officers (NCO), Senior NCOs and some bases have civilian employees. The assigned military are Airman Dormitory Leaders (ADL). These members are highly motivated personnel dedicated to ensuring that residents receive quality service. ADLs will provide you guidance and advice on UH life as well as mentor you on succeeding in the Air Force.

    Assignment Procedures
    As soon as you are notified of your assignment, contact your gaining unit and request to be assigned a sponsor. Your sponsor will be another military member assigned to your unit and will assist with your move. The sponsor or gaining unit must then contact the UH Management Office to notify them of your impending arrival date and work to secure you a dormitory room.

    Unit Integrity
    In most cases, you will be assigned a room in an area of the dormitory set aside for the personnel who work in your unit. This is to promote camaraderie among squadron members. If a room is not available near other members of your unit, you may be assigned a temporary room until one with your unit becomes available.

    Planning Your Move
    Prior to travel, arrange to meet your sponsor or someone from your unit upon arrival to Nellis Air Force Base.

    If you arrive on a business day during normal duty hours, have your sponsor escort you to the UH Management Office. An ADL or a civilian Dorm Manager will take you through the process of checking you into your room and performing a move-in inspection and inventory of the allotted furnishings and supplies.

    If you arrive on the weekend or after normal duty hours, have your sponsor make arrangements to pick up your room key from the UH Management Office or acquire a hospitality room for you until you can meet with an ADL or Dorm Manager.

    If you obtain your room key outside of normal duty hours, it is still a mandatory requirement to report to the UH Management Office the next duty day for in-processing.

    Resident Responsibilities
    You will be expected to keep your room and any shared living space clean and tidy. Cleaning supplies and equipment can be provided to you free of charge. You will also be accountable for your room and the furnishings provided. Residents may be held liable for any damages beyond normal fair wear and tear. See your ADL or UH Management Office representative if you have any questions about your resident responsibilities.

    Inspection Program
    The Installation Commander establishes a base-wide UH inspection program focused on health and safety. Squadron Commanders and unit First Sergeants implement the inspection program and visit rooms to ensure that all residents from their squadron comply with installation standards.

    Bay Orderly Program
    UH residents are expected to assist in the cleaning and upkeep of common areas and shared facilities of their "home." You will periodically be detailed to perform essential cleaning and minor maintenance around the UH campus.

    Dormitory Councils
    The Airmen Dormitory Council is the forum by which residents of an individual dormitory or group of dormitories address concerns about their living environment with a panel of their peers. The purpose of the council is to establish standards for all residents, present solutions for problem areas, establish positive recreational activities and identify facility and furnishing improvements. Participation at your location is a chance to be involved in shaping your living environment and provides an opportunity for personal growth and development in the areas of leadership and personal relationships. Ask your ADL or UH Management Office representative about how you can get involved.

    It is mandatory for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3 and E-4 with less than 3 years of service to reside in UH. An E-4 residing in UH reaching 3 years of service may be authorized to move out of UH and into local community housing. Contact the UH Management Office for procedures you must follow to clear your room. In certain circumstances, such as to make space available for more junior Airmen, you may be authorized to move out of UH before reaching E-4 with greater than 3 years of service. The most senior Airmen are released first. Your ADL or UH Management Office representative will advise residents when early release is necessary.

    Space Available Rooms
    When there is an excess of dormitory rooms, personnel in the ranks of E-4 with greater than 3 years of service and above may be eligible to reside in UH on a space available basis. Contact the UH Management Office to inquire about availability.

  • Community Housing

    Housing in the Local Community
    The Military Housing Office (MHO) provides all DoD personnel with personalized services to assist in locating suitable housing in the local community. Although moving is sometimes stressful, it can also be an exciting opportunity to live off base and experience a new location. The MHO will assist you every step of the way to help you find your new home in the local community.

    Housing Services
    Contact the MHO as soon as you know you are moving. The government housing team will provide you the latest information on the local housing situation and offer complete referral services and relocation assistance to make sure you find a quality place to live.

    Support services range from helping members understand their lease agreements and the necessity for a military release clause to assisting in resident and landlord dispute resolution, among many others.

    The MHO partners with landlords, realtors and property managers to make sure you receive the most current information about the local housing market. The MHO also monitors housing units offered for rent to the military community.

    Community Housing Units
    In the late 1990's Las Vegas experienced one of the fastest housing growth rates in the country. Unfortunately in 2006 this growth came to an abrupt halt with the decline in the economy and loss of job opportunities. The resulting high foreclosure rate has left the Las Vegas valley with a huge inventory of vacant homes. Investors are purchasing the foreclosed homes and offering them for rent. While this was a disaster for some local homeowners it has worked to the advantage of military families looking to live in the community during their tour at Nellis or Creech. Available properties are typically 3 to 4 bedroom homes, single and double stories with stucco exteriors and small compact yards with desert landscaping. The areas of the valley where this high growth rate was most evident is in the north, north-west with the most popular zip codes for Nellis families being in and around "Aliante" area (89084, 89085, 89031, 89087 and 89086) and for personnel assigned to Creech AFB (89143, 89131, 89166, 89149 and 89130). Some families who are not so concerned with daily commute time choose the "Summerlin" area (89138, 89134, 89135 and 89144) and Henderson; especially popular is the "Green Valley" area (89012 and 89052). Both Summerlin and Henderson are very popular with families that have school age children.

    For information about the housing allowances that financially support your move, see Referral and Relocation Assistance.

    Personal Property Insurance
    You need to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

    School Information
    For families, we understand that where your children attend school plays a large factor in the decision of where to live. 

    Contact the Clark County School District (CCSD) for information regarding available schools near your chosen area at (702) 700-5000; www.ccsd.net.