Welcome to Seymour Johnson AFB Housing

Seymour Johnson House PhotoThe Military Housing Office (MHO) is ready to support you in the transition to your new home and community. Use the resources provided to become familiar with the housing options and support services available to you.

Contact the MHO as soon as you know you are moving to Seymour Johnson Air Force Base. When you arrive at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, you must visit the MHO to receive counseling and guidance before entering into any written lease or rental/sales contract for housing.

heat tool

HEAT Logo Link




Housing Early Assistance Tool (HEAT) creates an easy on-line experience to connect you, the Service Member, with your future destination and offers an on-line venue to obtain housing assistance prior to a PCS transfer. HQ Air Force Housing has successfully implemented HEAT across the AF Enterprise so members can reach out to installations when preparing for transition. Installations are accessible through the HEAT tool across CONUS and most OCONUS installations. Members should use HEAT when preparing to transfer to their new assignment. Learn more at the HOMES.mil site.

Contact Information

   Military Housing Office

Phone 919-722-0362,0363,0364
Fax 919-722-0365
Address  600 Kenly Rd
Goldsboro, NC 27531 
Hours of Operation Mon-Fri
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Email:  4ces.ceih.housing@us.af.mil

   Privatized Housing: Mayroad

Phone 919-988-6920, 1-866-639-4552
Fax 919-988-6950
Email: https://www.themayroad.com/seymour-johnson-air-force-base-goldsboro-nc/

Address 600 Kenly Rd,
Goldsboro, NC 27531
Hours of
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Website: Mayroad

   Unaccompanied Housing

Phone 919-722-8300
Fax 919-722-0365
Dorm Management
Address 1325 Cannon Ave / Bldg. 3672
Hours of
7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Find us on Facebook facebook icon

External Links Disclaimer

The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Air Force or the Department of Defense of the external Web Site, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Services/Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Unites States Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the purpose of the Web site.

Housing Options

  • Privatized Housing

    Privatized Housing
    At Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, military family housing is privatized. Mayroad owns the family housing and is responsible for maintaining, repairing, constructing and managing the community. In addition to your option to purchase and rent housing in the local community, you now may choose to live in privatized housing by signing a tenant lease agreement with Mayroad.

    For comprehensive information about the privatized housing community at Seymour Johnson AFB, Click here to see a complete listing of need to know, community specific items.

    Click here to see a complete listing of home information and floor plans.

    Applying for Privatized Housing
    Applying for privatized housing and need assistance or have questions, contact the MHO and the housing management staff who will provide you the latest information on privatized housing and details about the application process. The MHO will also update you on any base specific policies regarding residing in privatized housing.

    Community Amenities
    Privatized housing is comparable to housing in the local community and provides a wide variety of amenities and support services.

    At Seymour Johnson the community center includes a variety of exciting features for the residents. Included are an indoor fitness center, game room, teen room, toddler play room, and a multi-purpose room. In addition, the center offers a state of the art outdoor pool with splash pad for the toddlers, sports court, volleyball court and two age-specific playgrounds

    To obtain specific information on the services available at Seymour Johnson contact the Property Management Office at 1-866-639-4552 or 919-988-6920.

    Paying Rent for Privatized Housing
    Much like living in the local community, you will sign a tenant lease agreement, typically for a term of one-year beginning on the Lease Commencement Date and terminating on the Lease Expiration Date. Privatized Housing at Seymour Johnson comes with a no security deposit or application fee. The lease includes a military clause and a lease termination clause. You pay your monthly rent by authorizing an allotment of your BAH that is paid directly to the Owner or its designated agent.

    Mayroad collects rent in arrears. The allotment shall be payable on the 1st day of the month for the previous month's rent. If your move occurs prior to the allotment start date, then you will need to pay the pro-rated rent directly to the Property Manager. The Resident Occupancy Agreement spells out all relevant rent payment terms and conditions.

    Gas and Electric Utilities
    At this location, homes in the base housing community are individually metered and customers are billed directly for electric and gas consumption. ConService manages and collects the utility usage and calculates the average consumption of occupied “like homes” on the installation and provides direct billing to the customers. The monthly average baseline is covered by the utility component of the BAH. For additional information about utilities, contact the Property Management Office at 1-866-639-4552 or 919-988-6920.

    Personal Property & Liability Insurance
    Mayroad Privatized Housing DOES NOT provide tenants renters insurance.  It is in your best interest to purchase renters insurance to cover losses of personal property as well as personal liability for damages to the housing unit.

    School Information
    For families, we understand that when considering your housing options, where your children attend school plays an important role in that choice.

    If you choose to live in privatized housing at Seymour Johnson, the following schools listed service the educational needs of our housing resident's.

    - Pre-K thru 4th Grade - Meadow Lane Elementary School - (919) 751-7150
    Web Address: Click here

    - 5th Grade thru 8th Grade - Greenwood Middle School - (919) 751-7100
    Web Address: Click here

    - 9th Grade thru 12th Grade - Eastern Wayne High School - (919) 751-7120
    Web Address:Click here

    - 4th Force Support Squadron School Liaison and EFMP Support Services - 919-722-1123

    - Wayne County Board of Education - 919-731-5900

    2001 East Royall Avenue
    Goldsboro, NC 27534

    Web Address: Click here

  • Unaccompanied Housing

    At Seymour Johnson AFB, we strive to create an inclusive environment that cultivates the development and training of Airmen. UH is a personal residence and we strive to provide a modern, functional, well maintained and comfortable home, as well as promote pride, professionalism and personal dignity.

    UH is provided for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3 and E-4 with less than 3 years of service. Each Airman is provided a private sleeping room, furnishings, bed linens and supplies required for comfortable living. (Room arrangements may vary depending on location.) Unaccompanied Airmen in the rank of E-4 with greater than 3 years of service and above will move into housing in the local community. Please refer to the Housing in the Local Community section for information and assistance on securing housing.

    The permanent party UH campus at Seymour Johnson AFB consists of 3 different room configurations.
    - First, we have a 2+2, which is a room set up where each Airman has their own bedroom/living area and you share a bathroom with a fellow Airman who lives on the other side of the bathroom.
    - Next, we have a 1+1, which is similar in that you have your own bedroom/living area, but you share a kitchen and a bathroom with an Airman who lives on the other side of the unit.
    - Finally, we have the Dorms-4-Airmen configuration, which is similar to a 4-bedroom apartment; 4 Airmen have their own bedroom and bathroom, but they share the kitchen, dining room and laundry room.

    Amenities include:
    - Volleyball and Basketball courts
    - BBQ pits, Picnic tables and benches
    - Bike racks and Weight rooms
    - Community kitchens with free cable and dining area
    - Pool tables, Arcade games and Air hockey

    The campus is beautifully landscaped, providing an excellent environment for artistic expression, recreational reading, and includes a centralized location for social gatherings at the Airmen Center. Restrictions at Seymour Johnson AFB are listed in the UH Resident Brochure.

    Base Specific Policy
    During your orientation, the ADL or UH Management Office representative will inform you of all Air Force and base-specific policies.

    UH Management Office Staff
    The UH Management Office is staffed with professionals that can assist with all of your housing needs. Staffs vary but can be comprised of noncommissioned officers (NCO), Senior NCOs and some bases have civilian employees. The assigned military are Airman Dormitory Leaders (ADL). These members are highly motivated personnel dedicated to ensuring that residents receive quality service. ADLs will provide you guidance and advice on UH life as well as mentor you on succeeding in the Air Force.

    Assignment Procedures
    As soon as you are notified of your assignment, contact your gaining unit and request to be assigned a sponsor. Your sponsor will be another military member assigned to your unit and will assist with your move. The sponsor or gaining unit must then contact the UH Management Office to notify them of your impending arrival date and work to secure you a dormitory room.

    Unit Integrity
    In most cases, you will be assigned a room in an area of the dormitory set aside for the personnel who work in your unit. This is to promote camaraderie among squadron members. If a room is not available near other members of your unit, you may be assigned a temporary room until one with your unit becomes available.

    Planning Your Move
    Prior to travel, arrange to meet your sponsor or someone from your unit upon arrival at the gaining installation. If you arrive on a business day during normal duty hours, have your sponsor escort you to the UH Management Office. An ADL or a civilian Dorm Manager will take you through the process of checking you into your room and performing a move-in inspection and inventory of the allotted furnishings and supplies.

    If you arrive on the weekend or after normal duty hours, have your sponsor make arrangements to pick up your room key from the UH Management Office or acquire a hospitality room for you until you can meet with an ADL or Dorm Manager. If you obtain your room key outside of normal duty hours, it is still a mandatory requirement to report to the UH Management Office the next duty day for in-processing.

    If you are having difficulty communicating with your sponsor, please contact the ADL office prior to arrival and let them know your arrival date. The ADL will assist you with information you need to know. For instance, it may be necessary for you to contact Temporary Quarters on base (919-722-0385) and reserve a room for a couple days while a room is being prepared.

    Resident Responsibilities
    You will be expected to keep your room and any shared living space clean and tidy. Cleaning supplies and equipment can be provided to you free of charge. You will also be accountable for your room and the furnishings provided. Residents may be held liable for any damages beyond normal fair wear and tear. See your ADL or UH Management Office representative if you have any questions about your resident responsibilities.

    Inspection Program
    The Installation Commander establishes a base-wide UH inspection program focused on health and safety. Squadron Commanders and unit First Sergeants implement the inspection program and visit rooms to ensure that all residents from their squadron comply with installation standards.

    Bay Orderly Program
    UH residents are expected to assist in the cleaning and upkeep of common areas and shared facilities of their "home." You will periodically be detailed to perform essential cleaning and minor maintenance around the UH campus.

    Dormitory Councils
    The Airmen Dormitory Council is the forum by which residents of an individual dormitory or group of dormitories address concerns about their living environment with a panel of their peers. The purpose of the council is to establish standards for all residents, present solutions for problem areas, establish positive recreational activities and identify facility and furnishing improvements. Participation at your location is a chance to be involved in shaping your living environment and provides an opportunity for personal growth and development in the areas of leadership and personal relationships. Ask your ADL or UH Management Office representative about how you can get involved.

    It is mandatory for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3 and E-4 with less than 3 years of service to reside in UH. An E-4 residing in UH reaching 3 years of service may be authorized to move out of UH and into local community housing. Contact the UH Management Office for procedures you must follow to clear your room. In certain circumstances, such as to make space available for more junior Airmen, you may be authorized to move out of UH before reaching E-4 with greater than 3 years of service. The most senior Airmen are released first. Your ADL or UH Management Office representative will advise residents when early release is necessary.

    Space Available Rooms
    When there is an excess of dormitory rooms, personnel in the ranks of E-4 with greater than 3 years of service and above may be eligible to reside in UH on a space-available basis. Due to ongoing dormitory renovations (2011-2015) at Seymour Johnson, there will not be space available rooms at the campus for several years.

  • community Housing

    Housing in the Local Community
    The Military Housing Office (MHO) provides all DoD personnel with personalized services to assist in locating suitable housing in the local community. Although moving is sometimes stressful, it can also be an exciting opportunity to live off base and experience a new location. The MHO is here to assist you every step of the way with the relocation process.

    Whether you are looking for housing at your current installation, or are PCSing across the world, HOMES.mil is the best resource for finding community housing. HOMES.mil offers a database of available rental listings, as well as contact information with your current or prospective housing office. Along with searching for homes, as a Service member, you can also list your own rental properties.

    Click here and proceed to "Service Members Learn More" for information about how to create an account and finding your next home on HOMES.mil.

    Housing Services
    Contact the MHO as soon as you know you are moving. The housing management staff will provide you with the latest information on the local community housing and offer complete referral and relocation services to make sure you find a quality place to live.

    Support services range from helping members with their lease agreement questions, to assisting in resident and landlord dispute resolution, along with providing information on the DOD program on equal opportunity for military personnel residing in off-base housing.

    Click here for housing relocation and support services.

    Community Housing
    Seymour Johnson AFB is located in the southeastern region of Goldsboro, NC with easy access to the coastal waters and the Appalachian Mountains.   The base is surrounded by an abundance of businesses, and is centered in the Eastern Wayne School District (Wayne County Schools). Communities have a diverse population and a variety of housing options to choose from such as apartments, town homes, housing developments and homes in the rural areas which could provide you and your family a quality place to live.

    Click here for information about your basic allowance for housing that financially supports your move.

    Personal Property Insurance
    It's recommended to obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and you should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

    School Information
    For families, we understand that where your children attend school is a key factor in the decision of where you choose to live.

    Click here to see contact information on Wayne County Public Schools that are local to Seymour Johnson AFB. Go to the Shortcuts Table and select Military Child Education which provides essential information specifically designed for our military families.

    - Wayne County Board of Education, 919-731-5900    
       2001 East Royall Avenue  
       Goldsboro, NC 27534