Vance AFB

A photo provided by Air Force Academy housing showing a sample offering
back to home

Privatized Housing

At Vance AFB, military family housing is privatized. Hunt Companies owns the family housing and is responsible for maintaining, repairing, constructing and managing the community. In addition to your option to purchase and rent housing in the local community, you now may choose to live in privatized housing by signing a tenant lease agreement with Hunt Companies

For comprehensive information about the privatized housing community at Vance AFB, visit the Vance Family Housing website. The website provides information you need to know about the homes and amenities available in the privatized housing community.

Applying for Privatized Housing

Contact the MHO as soon as you know you are moving to Vance AFB. The government housing team will provide you the latest information about privatized housing and details about the application process. The MHO will also update you on any base specific policies regarding residing in privatized housing.

Community Amenities

Privatized housing is comparable to housing in the local community and provides a wide variety of amenities and support services.

Community features such as a community center, playgrounds, tennis courts and a volleyball court are just some of the amenities you will find at Vance Family Housing.

As a resident of privatized housing, contact the Property Management Office to obtain more specific information on the services available at your location.

Paying Rent for Privatized Housing

Similar to living in the local community, you will sign a tenant lease agreement, for a one-year term. Your lease includes a military clause and a lease termination clause. You pay your monthly rent by authorizing an allotment of your BAH that is paid directly to the Property Manager. If your move occurs prior to the allotment start date, then you will need to pay the pro-rated rent directly to the Property Manager. The Tenant Lease Agreement spells out all relevant rent payment terms and conditions.

Gas and Electric Utilities

At this location, homes in the community are metered and you will be billed directly for gas and electric. Hunt manages and collects your utility bill based on personal consumption. Since the homes are metered, you will retain a portion of the BAH to pay the utilities directly. The more energy you conserve, the more money you keep in your pocket! For more information about your utilities, please contact the Property Management Office.

Personal Property Insurance

Hunt Military Communities requires all Tenants to maintain a policy of liability insurance issued by an authorized insurance company that provides limits of liability in an amount of at least $100,000 per occurrence (the “Minimum Required Insurance”). Tenant must furnish proof of insurance to Project Owner on or before the Lease Commencement Date and, Tenant must continue to provide evidence of coverage throughout the term hereof. The Project Owner strongly recommends that Tenant secure a renter’s insurance policy covering Tenant’s personal belongings, which also includes personal liability insurance covering Tenant’s actions.


School Information

The Eisenhower Elementary School (K through 5th grade), which is part of the Enid Independent School District (ISD), is located within the privatized housing area. The base falls into the Emerson Junior High (6th grade through 8th grade) and the Enid High School. Enid ISD provides bus service to Emerson and Enid High for Vance AFB families.

Unaccompanied Housing

At Vance AFB we strive to create an inclusive environment that cultivates the development and training of Airmen. The Air Force recognizes that the management of Unaccompanied Enlisted Quarters (UEQ) facilities is critical to an Airman's development process. UEQs are a personal residence and we strive to provide a modern, functional, well maintained and comfortable home, as well as promote pride, professionalism and personal dignity.

The permanent party UH campus at Vance AFB consists of five (6) officer dormitories with 236 rooms and two (2) enlisted dormitories with 109 rooms.

Single Officers O-1 and O-2 SUPT are required to live in the dorms upon initial assignment to the base.

Enlisted dorm rooms are provided for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3, and E-4 with less than 3 years of service. Each Airman is provided a private sleeping room, furnishings and bed linens. Rooms are designed as 1+1 rooms separated by a shared bathroom. All room entrances are from an interior hallway. Free laundry facilities are centrally located within the dorms. All rooms are cable, internet and telephone ready. Residents are responsible for obtain their own service.

Unaccompanied Airmen in the rank of E-4 with greater than 3 years of service and above may move into housing in the local community. Please refer to the Housing in the Local Community section for information and assistance on securing housing.


Amenities include a full size refrigerator and microwave in each room. There is a full kitchen on each floor. Each room consists of a full size captain's bed with pull out drawers, 4-drawer chest, desk and chair, recliner, lamp, full length mirror, wardrobe with self-storage, trash cans, carpet sweeper and weather radio. NOTE: Most furniture items can be removed upon request to make room for your personal furniture items.


Restrictions at Vance AFB include firearms and other weapons in the UEQs. These include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • Pistols Blackjacks
  • Rifles Fighting sticks (num chucks)
  • Underwater Spear Guns Hunting sling shots
  • Pyrotechnic Flare Guns Throwing Spears
  • BB or pellet guns Bows and arrows
  • Chemical or electrical shock
  • devices Metal (brass) knuckles

All firearms must be registered and stored with Security Forces. Obtain an AF Form 1314, Firearm Registration, from your squadron and take the completed form to the Security Forces armory, Bldg. 527. Information on firearms may be obtained by contacting the Security Forces at 213-7415.

Base Specific Policy

During your orientation, the UEQ Management Office representative will inform you of all Air Force and base-specific policies.

The legal drinking age in the state of Oklahoma and on Vance AFB is 21. It is a violation of the UCMJ for anyone under the age of 21 to purchase, possess, or consume alcoholic beverages in Oklahoma, on or off base. It is a violation of Article 92 of the UCMJ for you to provide anyone under the age of 21 with alcohol.

Explosive materials are prohibited in the UEQs. Explosives include, but are not limited to, ammunition, blasting caps, gunpowder, fireworks, flares, propellants, and similar items, to include any combustible or explosive composition, any substances or articles prepared for the purpose of or producing a visible or audible effect by combustion, explosion, or detonation (anything that goes boom!).

Flammable liquids exceeding one pint of lighter fluid and/or one quart of charcoal fluid must not be stored in your room. Storage of propane bottles or fuel (gasoline, etc.) for any type of internal combustion engine or camp stoves/grill in your room is prohibited. A hazardous storage locker is provided at the UEQ for those items.

Open element space heaters and hot plates are prohibited in your room.

Smoking is prohibited inside dorms. Smoke in designated outdoor areas only. The use or possession of open flame devices, such as candles and burning incense, are prohibited in UEQs. E-Cigarettes asre also prohibited.

Gambling, including lotteries and pool games for money or property, and the sale or purchase of numbered slips, tickets, etc. is prohibited in the UEQs.

Pets, except for an aquarium with fish, are not allowed in UEQs. Aquariums must be well maintained and kept clean to prevent offending odors and unhealthy conditions. You are liable for any damage caused by water from leaking or broken aquariums.

UEQ Management Office Staff

The UEQ management office is staffed with a UEQ manager who can assist with all of your housing needs. The UEQ manager is highly motivated and dedicated to ensuring that residents receive quality service while providing you guidance and advice on UEQ life as well as mentor you on succeeding in the Air Force.

Assignment Procedures

As soon as you are notified of your assignment, contact your gaining unit at Vance and request to be assigned a sponsor. Your sponsor will be another military member assigned to the unit you are joining and will assist with your move. The sponsor or gaining unit must then contact the UEQ Management Office to notify them of your impending arrival date. The UEQ Management Office will then work to secure a UEQ room for your arrival.

Unit Integrity

In most cases, you will be assigned a room in an area of the UEQ set aside for the personnel who work in your unit. This is to promote camaraderie among squadron members. If a room is not available near other members of your unit, you may be assigned a temporary room until one with your unit becomes available.

Planning Your Move

Prior to travel, arrange to meet your sponsor or someone from your unit upon arrival at Vance if you arrive on a business day during normal duty hours, have your sponsor escort you to the UEQ Management Office. The UEQ manager will take you through the process of checking you into your room, performing a move-in inspection and an inventory of the furnishings and supplies in your room.

If you arrive on the weekend or after normal duty hours, have your sponsor make reservations for you. Please make sure your sponsor has the key to ensure accommodations for the night. You must still report to the UEQ Management Office the next duty day for in-processing. This is a mandatory requirement even though you have your room key.

The Cherokee Inn no longer exists, and temporary on‐base lodging is now unavailable. Incoming students should book temporary lodging through any Enid hotel (See recommended list below) until confirmation of on‐base housing is procured.

· Recommended Locations (Not All‐Inclusive)

· Holiday Inn Express & Suites: 580‐237‐7722 · Candlewood Suites: 580‐234‐2000 · Hampton Inn: 580‐234‐4600 · Ramada Inn: 580‐234‐0440 · Baymont Inn: 580‐234‐6800

· La Quinta Inn: 580‐233‐7100 · Country Inn & Suites: 580‐540‐4351 · Springhill Suites: 580‐540‐4256 · Super 8 Motel: 580‐242‐6100 · Home Away Suites: 580‐234‐5750

· You will receive off‐base lodging reimbursement for up to 14 days.

Resident Responsibilities

You will be expected to keep your room and any shared living space clean and tidy. You will also be accountable for your room and the furnishings provided. Residents may be held liable for any damages beyond normal fair wear and tear.

See the UEQ manager if you have any questions about your resident responsibilities.

Inspection Program

The Installation Commander establishes a base-wide UEQ inspection program focused on health and safety. Squadron Commanders and unit First Sergeants implement the inspection program and visit rooms to ensure that all residents from their squadron comply with installation standards.

Bay Orderly Program

UEQ residents are expected to assist in the cleaning and upkeep of common areas and shared facilities of their "home." You will periodically be detailed to perform essential cleaning and minor maintenance around the UEQ campus.

UEQ Councils

The Airmen UEQ Council is the forum by which residents of the UEQs address concerns about their living environment with a panel of their peers. The installation dorm council is the forum that serves as the communication link between the Airmen Dormitory Councils and Wing Leadership to promote and garner support for improving dormitory life for all residents. The purpose of the council is to establish standards for all residents, present solutions for problem areas, establish positive recreational activities and identify facility and furnishing improvements. Participation at your location is a chance to be involved in shaping your living environment and provides an opportunity for personal growth and development in the areas of leadership and personal relationships.

Ask the UEQ Management Office representative about how you can get involved.


It is mandatory for unaccompanied Airmen in the ranks of E-1 to E-3, and E-4 with less than 3 years of service to reside in UEQ. An E-4 residing in UEQ reaching 3 years of service may be authorized to move out of UEQ and into local community housing. Contact the UEQ Management Office for procedures you must follow to clear your room. In certain circumstances, such as to make space available for more junior Airmen, you may be authorized to move out of UEQ before reaching E-4 with greater than 3 years of service. The most senior Airmen are released first. The UEQ Management Office representative will advise residents when early release is necessary.

Space Available Rooms

When there is an excess of UEQ rooms, personnel in the ranks of E-4 with greater than 3 years of service and above may be eligible to reside in the UEQ on a space available basis.

Contact the UEQ Management Office to inquire about availability.

Community Housing

Housing in the Local Community

The Housing Referral Office located in Bldg 713 (Lodging) provides all DoD personnel with personalized services to assist in locating suitable housing in the local community.

Although moving is sometimes stressful, it can also be an exciting opportunity to live off base and experience a new location. The Housing Referral Office will assist you every step of the way to help you find your new home in the local community.

Housing Services

Contact the Housing Referral Office as soon as you know you are moving. They will provide you the latest information on the local housing situation and offer complete referral services and relocation assistance to make sure you find a quality place to live.Support services range from helping members understand their lease agreements and the necessity for a military release clause to assisting in resident and landlord dispute resolution, among many others.

The Housing Referral representative partners with landlords, realtors and property managers to make sure you receive the most current information about the local housing market. For information about the housing allowances that financially support your move, see Referral and Relocation Assistance.

Personal Property Insurance

It is stressed you obtain legal liability and personal property insurance for your possessions and should choose the options and amounts that best fit your needs and lifestyle.

School Information

For families, we understand that where your children attend school plays a large factor in the decision of where to live.

There are several public and private schools within the Enid and Garfield county area. The closest public schools are listed for your convenience. For information on private schools contact the Housing Referral Office.

Military Housing Office


(580) 213-7294
DSN 448-7294

(580) 213-7259
DSN 448-7259

(580) 213-6719
DSN 448-6719

Address 4405 Lehr Street
Enid, OK 73703
Hours Mon-Fri- 7:30am - 4:00pm (CST)

Housing Referral

Phone (580) 213-7438
DSN 448-7438
Address 426 Goad Street
Enid, OK 73705
Hours M-F- 7:45am - 4:45pm (CST)

Privatized Housing

Phone (580) 297-8910
Address 4405 Lehr Street
Enid, OK 73703
Hours M-F - 8:00am - 5:00pm (CST)
Website Vance Family Housing

Unaccompanied Housing

Phone (580) 213-7212 Enlisted
DSN 448-7212
(580) 213-5410 Officer
DSN 448-5410
(580) 213-5420
DSN 448-5420

Enlisted Dorms:200 Fields Street, Bldg 423, Rm 101
Vance AFB, OK 73705

Officer Dorms:426 Goad Street, Ste 131,
Vance AFB, OK 73705

Hours M-F - 7:30am - 4:30pm (CST)